Strange request

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milpaul

Had a request from a customer to change the material on a pen he has, (not one of our usual kits.) I am still waiting for the pics he said he would send but I am guessing it would be a b%tch to take apart, remove old material and replace it! Has anyone ever done anything like this or even tried? Any suggesions would be appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
I keep extra tubes around and would do it that way, if he were going to make it worth my while. Are you comfortable in taking pens apart, particularly that pen? I can understand a person wanting to do that with a well tuned fountain pen or an Emperor or equivalent.

Firefyter-emt

Buy new tubes, and when it comes time to take the pen apart break the wood off and use a file or better yet a dremmel tool with a cut off wheel to grind the tube down a hair until you break thru the tube. Now the hardware will fall out by hand with out the slightest chance of damage to the hardware. Beating it apart will work, but for the price of a spare set of tubes you can easily take it apart and not damage it.

Hank.. An you drop me an e-mail?? I am not sure if you got my last one, I have a former UM millitary guy over there in Japan who contacted me about one of my lathes, he is just getting ito turning and I wanted to give him your contact info if that's ok..

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Paul, since you mention it is not one of our usual kits, you may be on very thin ice with this request.

Someone, Julia, IIRC, turns new bindes for Pelikan pens. I would be very careful with this request.

Milpaul

Thanks for the info guys. I already told him it would be cheaper to buy a new pen. Just wondered if anyone else had done this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom