strange pen materials

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfishsc

I'm noticing, and brainstorming, some odd pen materials. Cactus, CD's, mountain dew bottles, etc...

I wouldn't mind seeing a few oddities that you guys have done. I have some material that I've glued up that I'll hopefully be making a pen with in the next few days, time provided. I'll post them here if I get them done.

Lol, I just had a brainstorm, but some of the locals here in Charleston SC practice voodoo and they use chicken bones as good luck charms (or to ward off spirits)... maybe a few chicken bone pens would be in order.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

53Jim

Originally posted by redfishsc
<br />I'm noticing, and brainstorming, some odd pen materials. Cactus, CD's, mountain dew bottles, etc...

I have posted the picture of the Mountain Dew key ring in my album (53Jim)

tnilmerl

Are you wanting a list? The most work was when I took 173 guitar picks and glued up a blank for a pen for a musician friend. Effort was really worth it though. 'Turned' out fantastic [:D]. The other, which i doubt I'll ever do again, was for a Coka Cola employee. I took a bunch of soda cans, cut then down into 3/4" squares and laminating them all together. Another great looking pen, but extremely difficult to form the blank.

redfishsc

Looking for pics I guess, I'll be checking out Jim's mountain-dew bottle pen.

I'm turning a freakish material, but I blew out one of the blanks, fortunately I have six blanks so now I'm down to five, I hope they work.

Fangar

Here is a pen that I did. Turned wood, and then used embossing powders burned onto the surface. CA Finish. Very thick CA.

pinkpurplecigar.jpg

closeup.jpg

Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom