The story of my first pen...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WildcatHollow

A couple of weeks ago, I proudly finished my first pen after a dozen DNFs. That made it number 13. Unlucky number 13. Photo enclosed.

Not a bad looking pen, although it had some mistakes. It was definitely a keeper. It was, after all, my first pen.

In my real world, I had a client that had been procrastinating on a contract for my services all of next year. Just couldn't seem to get him off the dime no matter how many compromises I made. I was about to give up on him and start focusing on the more likely prospects.

Being the good sales guy that I am, I thought I'd make one more try.

I buffed my first pen, put it in a glass cigar container, wrapped it, packaged it, and sent it to my client. I added a note card saying that contract or not, I had enjoyed working with his company, and wished him, and his family, a Happy Holiday Season.

UPS said the package was delivered on Friday.

This morning, Fedex delivered the signed contract.

Coincidence? Who knows.

But after taking some flack from my kids about spending a lot of money on a workshop full of new pen turning equipment, "So I could make Christmas Presents!?" I'm thinking about telling them my first pen made me $45,000.

Cheers,

t.

1_DSC_0044-1.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gvanweerd

That's the way uh huh uh huh we like it uh huh uh huh,:) Congrats on getting the contract. that should keep you busy for a bit.

Top Bottom