Storing pen blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

holistic

I just got a great deal on a large quantity of pen blanks. Way more than I can turn in a year. But, how do I store them? Some are spalted, some are getting a little punky, and some look just fine. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Storing and preserving are two different things. In another thread many described their favorite storage methods. I use document boxes that are about 9"X12"X2 or 3". They are cheap, stout cardboard that can be stacked or stored on ends like books.
As for the punky/spalted stuff. If it is pretty and worth using you might consider getting stabilized. In the meantime, but in sunshine for a day then keep in a dry location. Beyond spalt is rot.

Dario

Anything that will let the wood "brath" is good. I think, cardboard boxes or stackable bins will be ideal.

Talking about cheap boxes...get FREE boxes from USPS and use them [:D]. I like the 5.5 x 8.5 x 11 flat rate boxes....for shipping I mean [;)]

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Dario
<br />Anything that will let the wood "brath" is good. I think, cardboard boxes or stackable bins will be ideal.

Talking about cheap boxes...get FREE boxes from USPS and use them [:D]. I like the 5.5 x 8.5 x 11 flat rate boxes....for shipping I mean [;)]
Dario--these boxes are not "free". The U.S. Postal Service operates as a business.
This packaging is the property of the U.S. Postal Service and is provided solely for use in sending Priority Mail. Misuse may be a violation of federal law.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />
Originally posted by Dario
<br />Anything that will let the wood "brath" is good. I think, cardboard boxes or stackable bins will be ideal.

Dario--these boxes are not "free". The U.S. Postal Service operates as a business.
This packaging is the property of the U.S. Postal Service and is provided solely for use in sending Priority Mail. Misuse may be a violation of federal law.

Here we go again.... we just went through all this... LOL.. at least this time I'm not the one being chastised... [:p][:p]

opfoto

In order to satisfy everyone [}:)] .... I volunteer [:p] to let you ship some blanks via USPS [:0] to me to hang on to/store for you. [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom