Storing CA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I have been keeping my CA glue in a cabinet in my house. I remember seeing some people having their CA in a refrigerator. Which one is better? I'm going to try a CA finish as soon as I order and receive some BLO, and I want to know how to keep the CA fresh.

I left a brand new bottle of thick CA glue in my shop(garage) overnight. Is the glue still good?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

I keep all my extra CA in the fridge. And no harm done in leaving the CA you use in the garage, especially in the winter.

JimB

I keep my CA in the shop. The BLO you can get many places. You don't need to order it. I think I got mine at Walmart but I believe you can get it at Lowes, Home Depot, Kmart, Rockler, woodcraft.

S

spiritwoodturner

I buy a boatload of it when my turner's club has a group buy, and store it in the freezer. I've had it there for over 2 years with no changes in the adhesion or finishing capabilities. It won't freeze, but I've been told by the manufacturer that's the best place to store it.

I guess it really depends on how much you intend to buy and how much you use. 1 bottle at a time will last long enough to use it all just about anywhere you keep it.

Dale

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I buy in bulk and then fill the smaller bottles from my larger bottles. I keep the larger bottles in the freezer and have for a number of years. I too was told my a CA manufacturer rep that this was the best place to store it for extended periods of time.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Go to the paint section of Lowes. They will have a whole section of thinners, etc. There you will find BLO, Acetone, DNA, Naptha, Lacquer Thinner, MEK, etc. Basically everything you would ever need.

Top Bottom