storage/show

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
2005830213122_storageplano3700net.jpg

Every time I am at a show and someone wants to see a pen I know I have, it is buried in my "storage". Used to carry those black fold-over pen cases, but they get expensive.

Newest solution:plano 3700 case takes two layers, and is see-through. Each pen is in its own plastic tube, then there are a bunch of these cases with my inventory, all easy to see. This is the start of the Cigar pens, plastic. (PLANO CASE IS (the edit) under $5.00 ea, not the pens!!)

What do you think?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

If you are on a tight budget (and who isn't) then the cases a very reasonably priced. But, if I'm trying to sell my pens at $40-50 a pop then I would hesitate to display in this fashion to a potential customer. Remember,depending on the market that you are selling to "IMAGE IS EVERYTHING".

-Peter-

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Great for a show where you have a back up inventory , but I wouldn't want to walk into a nice store and open up what looks to be a tackle or tool box.[xx(]
A jeweler friend gave me this and I would like to find the inserts already stamped out.
I can make the box for it out of some nice walnut etc.

2005830222647_display%20box%20002.jpg
<br />
Another box that works well though not as organized but professional looking is at Harbor freight for about 12 bucks.
Similar to a mini attache case, black with aluminum bindings ,I use it when I deliver an order.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=36870
36870-t.gif

For it's size it holds a lot I put the pens in the tubes just as you have.The covering won't get scratched like the plastic though it does cost more I think it makes a nicer presentation.A lot better than the Tupperware container I used at one time.[^]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Sorry, I should clarify these are NOT used for customer presentation.

I have several pallettes that I made (velvet covered, etc) for that.

These will just house the pens that are not on display. Customer will see only one or two pens at a time, but now I hope to be able to FIND the pen they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom