I hope this is the right forum.
How do you store your bits,
bushings and the rest of your stuff.
For now I am using small plastic
divided containers.

steve

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctwxlvr

the semi-clear tackle box "drawers with lids" for lack of a better description, they have movable dividers and resist closed tip over spillage

Rifleman1776

There was an identical thread on this subject a couple months ago. A search will find it. I use a shop cabinet with plastic drawers. The drawers contain kits, bushings and instructions and sometimes a drill bit. Fronts are labeled with kit name. Most bits are in the set containers they came in.

bob393

I use old plastic VHS tape boxes with the two plastic nubs chiseled off. I keep all the stuff of each type of pen in the labled box, bit, bushing, instructions, etc. It's not perfect but it works well and it's cheep.

Randy_

A lot of the storage methods mentioned above leave a little to desirerd. Bushings need to be in an individually seasled and labeled container. If the bushungs are loose in the trays of a tackle box or one of those little storage cabinets, spills are still possible and sorting thru 40 loose and unlaveled bvushings is quite a chore!![:(!]

ericw95

I keep mine in a cheap plastic craft box with multiple configurable sections. Inside the box I keep them in the little bags that they came in that are labled. It has saved me once already.

jjenk02

Originally posted by ericw95
<br />I keep mine in a cheap plastic craft box with multiple configurable sections. Inside the box I keep them in the little bags that they came in that are labled. It has saved me once already.

I do the same thing, plus I label each section as to what bushing belongs
there. I have dropped a plastic container, with sections of, full of loose bushing (bushing went all over the shop) and I don't want to ever have to deal with that again.

its_virgil

Bushing storage:
2007225496_bushings%201%20Small.jpg

20072254942_bushings%202%20Small.jpg

Drill bit storage: in the metal box/container in which they came. I have a 135 bit set(fraction, letter, and wire sizes) and a metric set from 1mm to 15mm in 1/2mm increments.

These work for me.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Russb

Don's system for bushing is pretty slick. I keep mine in coin collector jars with labels done on the computer. The most importat bit of info on the tag is the number of pieces that make up the bushing set. I used to keep my pen kits in those craft partition boxes. Bought enough of the same size and brand to last a lifetime and ran out. Too many pen styles and I hate mix and match box sizes. Now they stay in the plastic bags they come in.

200722543152_Pen%20Kit%20Storage,web.jpg
<br />

blake_l

I found a neat box at Michael's in their jewelry section - it's a plastic lidded box, but the nice thing is that each compartment opens _individually_ - so hopefully no mass spills! I think it had 14 compartments total, and I have 2 so far. Only bad thing I just discovered is that some of the larger bushings don't fit in one compartment (El Grande). I may have to see if they have one with larger compartments...

Rudy Vey

I keep the bushings with the pen kits in large Plano tackle boxes. The model is 3700, is about 14" x 9" x 2". I t has adjustable compartment size. I unpack all my kits when they arrive and put the single components in separate compartments. One get all the bushings (the ones I used are out their bag, new ones stay in their bag until use). The same compartment also hold liners I make for the barrel trimmer to fit the tubes and other accessories. Drill bits are stored in their boxes next to the drill press, specialty drills for certain kits are stored in clear plastic tubes.
What I like at this Plano 3700 box is that it is reasonable priced (I think a six pack of them is about $15 at Cabelas) and they can be stacked six or even eight high in a shelf, I make the sides with the appropriate pen kit/plating name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom