Stone Chips for inlays

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gr8danish

Be careful when ordering off eBay... from the pics, you can't tell how large the chunks are. If they are too big, you'll have a helluva time getting them glued i to your pockets.

Easiest thing to work with is the dust from reconstituted stone. Find someone that custs down the slabs into smaller pieces and see if you can buy their sawdust for cheap.

Woodlvr

If you make the crusher for the larger pieces you may be getting a good deal. For the price it may be worth trying.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Well, considering they are in 50g pkgs and there is 454g/ounce, you're getting just over 1/10 ounce. Arizona Silhoutte has 1oz pkge for less that $20 per ounce, and one ounce is about 2 teaspoons.

Seer

Monty this is what I went by for the weight from wiki. There are 28.35 gm (grams) of the metric system in one oz (ounce) of the British Imperial and US Standards for weights and measures.
Thats why I whough it was good at the time Are my measurements wrong?
Jerry

Last edited:

ldb2000

Well, considering they are in 50g pkgs and there is 454g/ounce, you're getting just over 1/10 ounce. Arizona Silhoutte has 1oz pkge for less that $20 per ounce, and one ounce is about 2 teaspoons.

Err Manny .... there are 28.349 grams per ounce . so 50 grams is almost 2 ounces . 454 grams is a pound .

tool-man

I tried another eBay search for "crushed inlay"

I got 91 items just now. Many of them have pictures with a coin so it is easier to judge the size of the particles.

bruce119

I am in the mitts of get some inlay myself long before you posted this. One thing to aware of check the hardness of the stones. You take Amethyst & Quartz they are a good 7 hardness very difficult to cut. I crushed up some stone the other day and inlay-ed it. It was an opaque green I thought Malachite WRONG I have a metal lathe and tried to cut it with a HSS tool bit all it did was grind it down like a grinder. I couldn't get carbide to cut it either must have been Garnet.

So just be aware of the hardness.

Top Bottom