Stock pictures

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary_Claus

Good morning,

I wonder if you guys/girls can help me.

I have some customers that would like me to make some pens for them but I don't carry much stock. I generally make to order.

Is there a website where I can download some pictures of various pen styles so they can choose which style suits them best?

I have looked at some suppliers but they obviously list prices which I don't want my customers to see.

A printable version would be ideal.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Another IAP member had a question about the difference in sizes of two pens some years back. I found the perfect photo on one of our vendor's webistes and used it to answer the question. I got my a$$ handed to me by the vendor in short order. So whatever you do, ask permission. You may regret it if you don't.

plano_harry

Thanks Darrin! Have been to the site several times but never looked at the catalog. Great resource.

Harry

Try here at William Wood write. He provides a PDF copy of his catalogue without prices just for this purpose. Just another example of great customer service.

William Wood-Write Ltd.

He has a separate little booklet with the current prices. I keep a copy of both on my tablet.

Hope this helps.

KenV

If you seek to use someone else's photos, ask permission.

The law concerning copyright does allow some (smallish) use of copyrighted materias, but the source citation is expected.

Forget to ask, and you should expect a chew. Forget to cite and credit the source, expect larger bites.

Kretzky

For little cost PSI produces a colour brochure for exactly that purpose. Only shows their range of pens but that's pretty expensive.
Hope that helps
David
OOOps! sorry.... just saw the post above (same info)

Haynie

Why don't you make your own? Obviously if you want a professional pamphlet it will take some serious work but if you just want pictures of examples to show people that is very simple to do. If you already have a tablet of lap top to use then it is also pretty cheap.

Jjartwood

send them to the IAP photo sight and tell you what they like
or I started a facebook page just for that.

Last edited:

kooster

I made my own literally using the old "cut & paste" method and some double sided tape and a good sharp utility knife. Since I also make to order and have no stock so to speak, this will suffice nicely for future orders. I pasted the cutouts onto colored card stock paper, used plastic sleeve protectors, and added some stickers from Hobby Lobby for accent. Put it all into a 3 ring binder and it works just fine. I also made up some very simple (key word simple) order pages. I used the PSI and Wood Turningz stock numbers as they are the primary suppliers of my materials. If additions are needed, I can simply add the pages/addendum numeration as needed. I'm now having the entire binder put onto discs to give to numerous customers. One thing I believe I should include after reading the threads is a "credit"/"permission" page indicating where the photos originated. Just to CMA so to speak.

Texatdurango

Good morning,

I wonder if you guys/girls can help me.

I have some customers that would like me to make some pens for them but I don't carry much stock. I generally make to order.

Is there a website where I can download some pictures of various pen styles so they can choose which style suits them best?

I have looked at some suppliers but they obviously list prices which I don't want my customers to see.

A printable version would be ideal.
Hi Gary,
I guess I would agree with Haynie, just start taking photos of your own work and let your customers see YOUR work.

You mention that you have customers which leads me to believe you are doing this for a business so invest a few dollars in your business by buying a few different kits, assemble them, take some photos then you will have some nice samples to show around.

Top Bottom