Sticking twist medhanism

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
After selling rizheng pen kits for almost two years I am suddenly getting hit with a rash of sticking twist mechanisms (transmissions). Some of them seem to break free ok with a small amount of force but others don't. Any suggestions...it's costly and a pain in the toosh to send replacements and I handle too many kits to test them all before shipping.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Beasley

I've run into this with some really cheap kits. A drop of 3 in 1 oil down the mechanism seems to help break it loose. Not sure if it stays fixed, I never bothered to use the pen after doing them.

tim self

+1. But if you're supplying kits this may not be an option. Don't know how to solve this problem other than changing supplier. Sorry but my .02

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
+1. But if you're supplying kits this may not be an option. Don't know how to solve this problem other than changing supplier. Sorry but my .02

Changing suppliers is not really an option (the truth is that it is hard to even find a wholesale supplier) and my guess is that it might not even be a solution. I tend to think the mechanisms might come from the same place. I have experienced the same problem at least twice with kits made in Taiwan and costing 3 or 4 times what I sell kits for, I tend to think that more than one kit supplier get their mechanisms from the same source.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
What does Rizheng have to say about those sticking transmissions?

Seems like they should be the first to ask for a solution to the problem.
They were the first to be asked. They mentioned trying to work them loose and will replace my losses on mechanism I replace...but that doesn't restore the postage to send replacements.

Penl8the

Use acetone

Hi LeRoy,

Yes I have experienced the same thing with some of twist mechanism from the latest Slimlines I purchased from you.

They seem to be a bit oily/sticky - hard to "press" into the lower blank.

I agreed with Dan's suggestion. I just put a couple drops of acetone on a paper towel to wipe the sticky oily tacky film off the twist mechanism. After that the twist mechanism can be pressed in the tube smoothly.

Give that a try. It works for me.

After selling rizheng pen kits for almost two years I am suddenly getting hit with a rash of sticking twist mechanisms (transmissions). Some of them seem to break free ok with a small amount of force but others don't. Any suggestions...it's costly and a pain in the toosh to send replacements and I handle too many kits to test them all before shipping.

A coworker said he gives his a quick dip in alcohol and that does the trick. I haven't tried it yet though.

Top Bottom