Sterling Silver kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jskeen

Got a request for a sterling silver and turquoise rollerball pen, from an Arizona native and fan of Native American jewelery. I know the baron and Sedona come in Sterling Silver, but what other kits are available, and how well does the silver hold up? Does it tarnish? Is it coated with something, kind of like the pearl finish kits (don't know what those are coated with, but acetone eats it)

I'm definitely going with the Kingman truestone blank, as Kingman is the customers home town. But I'm currently at a toss up between the SS Churchill, and the SS sedona. Customer has no preference and I've never made either kit. I've made the baron, and while I don't like it as well as the jr. Gent, It's not a poor quality kit. I know the coupler issue with the churchill has been solved, so that's not really an issue any more, so I'm just looking for impressions at this point.

James

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

avbill

James

First the Churchill is a BIG pen where the Baron and Sedona are smaller pens. The size of a Jr. Gentlemen. I would ask what size pen fits him.

DonWood

Hi James:

I have made several of the turquoise pens using the Sedona Rollerball. This makes up into a real nice rollerball. Just something about the Sedona that looks good with the turquoise.

Don

DurocShark

Sweet! I'd never seen a sterling kit! I want! I'll be ordering a couple of those barons. They look the same as the Woodcraft Navigator, and I'm already tooled up for those.

me2cyclops

woodcraft navigator "is" a baron and they also carry the sedona kits (same kit with rounded end and fancy CB)

Top Bottom