Sterling Silver Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brey

Working on a commissioned pen for someone. He's looking for a rollerball and likes the look of the Jr Gent II but would really prefer something that had a sterling silver plating. I showed him a few stainless steel options but it didn't seem to strike his fancy.

Anyone recommend anything that might fit those needs?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodkiller

Silver pen parts would be great but he said plated, and may not be up for he difference in price that will be reflected. Nothing against mike(I hope to get one of them myself soon), but he did say plated. That being said there aren't too many choices that are silver plated but there are many more that are rhodium.
Exotic Blanks :: Pen Kits :: Pen Kits (By Plating) is one site with their kits listed by plating. If he would go for rhodium and 22k or black t/I there are many more options.

Curly

Lee Valley have the Baron in Silver and the Cambridge in Silver/Gold or Silver/Titanium combinations. The also have the little ElToro fountain pens in Silver too.
William Wood-Write also have the Baron, Sedona, and Canadiana in Silver. Maybe some others, I didn't dig too deep.:wink:

brey

Wow - lots of great suggestions, thanks everyone! I definitely like the look of silverpenparts.com, but those prices will be too steep for my client in this case.

I did actually mention Rhodium and its benefits, but he's really set on Sterling Silver.

Thanks for all the Sterling Silver plated recommendations! I think I'll go with the Baron as it's most like the Jr Gent II, which he really liked.

Thanks again for all the group support everyone.

avbill

The Baron and Sedona are the same kit size Only difference is the center band.

Baron plain single black line band / this will look alike the Jr. Gentlemen the most.
Sedona fancy band

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The Baron and Sedona are the same kit size Only difference is the center band.

Baron plain single black line band / this will look alike the Jr. Gentlemen the most.
Sedona fancy band

In addition, the finial piece on the baron is "flat", while the Sedona has a rounded finial.

Both versions are available in Sterling silver as a fountain pen OR as a rollerball.

Last edited:

Gruntie

If the customer knows silver, and he asked for sterling silver, he is not looking for plated parts.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Working on a commissioned pen for someone. He's looking for a rollerball and likes the look of the Jr Gent II but would really prefer something that had a sterling silver plating. I showed him a few stainless steel options but it didn't seem to strike his fancy.

Anyone recommend anything that might fit those needs?

This would lead me to believe this particular customer is looking for a plated pen!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Gruntie

I may be wrong, but I was always led to believe that sterling was solid and silver plate was not sterling.

brey

If the customer knows silver, and he asked for sterling silver, he is not looking for plated parts.

Ahhh - big assumption there :).

In this case, the customer doesn't necessarily know silver, just knows that he'd like "Sterling Silver" if possible. I didn't really dig in too deep why he felt that way. As there are plated options out there with that name in his general price range, that's what I'm providing to him (I explained that it was just a plating - wasn't solid, wasn't the same as some others - like a Rhodium, but he still felt the way he did, which was fine).

Like many choices in life, this one wasn't necessarily the most rational or based in fact by the customer. It's just what he wanted.

darrin1200

For the size of the Jr. Gent, I would probably go with the Baron. It has a low cost and is easily modified at the cap band and finial.

You just missed a blowout at william woodwrite's for the El Toro in Sterling.

Top Bottom