Sterling silver

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

I've sold several El Presidente/Havana rollerballs to one of my best customers. Now he wants a few more made from sterling sliver. So, not having used sterling silver kits before I must ask: How do sterling silver plated kits peform? Since the Havanna is no longer available (as far as I know), I will be using the El Presidente kits from Berea. Any experience with these kits or sterling silver plating from Berea? Thanks.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I've sold several El Presidente/Havana rollerballs to one of my best customers. Now he wants a few more made from sterling sliver. So, not having used sterling silver kits before I must ask: How do sterling silver plated kits peform? Since the Havanna is no longer available (as far as I know), I will be using the El Presidente kits from Berea. Any experience with these kits or sterling silver plating from Berea? Thanks.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Hi Don,

I have used the sterling kits and they are just fine. The silver is a nice look on some materials over chrome, a softer look is the best way I can describe it. I use them on the El Presidente and El Toro when I use the cactus blanks from Curtis, they look right.

its_virgil

Thanks Jim. I had almost decided to talk him out of the sterling silver and continue with the platinum. I've done a few sterling silver barons and like them. Thanks for your comments and opinions...especially since you have experience with the sterling silver El Presidente.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Hi Don,

I have used the sterling kits and they are just fine. The silver is a nice look on some materials over chrome, a softer look is the best way I can describe it. I use them on the El Presidente and El Toro when I use the cactus blanks from Curtis, they look right.

DurocShark

Having used a silver Navigator for my daily driver for the past several months I can say this... It's not nearly as durable as the rhodium or titanium or even chrome finishes.

There's a clear coat over the silver that once it's scratched or chipped starts flaking off pretty rapidly. It took a while to get that scratch on mine, but once it happened on the clip, that clip coating fell apart.

I recently replaced it with a rhodium Baron because the color was close. The silver one, a fountain pen, has been relegated to highlighter duties.

Top Bottom