Step by step web site

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

follow3

Hey All,

Where can I find information on setting up my own web store?

I need a step by step tutorial for dummies. I am not bad with a computor, I can learn anything I set my mind to. I don't want to pay someone else to design my site and maintain it, I love doing things for myself and learning new skills.

So....any good advice, tutorials, sites or links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

PS: Don't worry, I won't start working on this idea until AFTER I ship the Acrylic Group Buy blanks!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Consider siteground. I use it for all my sites now. $6 a month if you pay in advance for 2years.. A TON of easy to install packages and some good help. I am in IT, but now my kid brother (see sig for our pen site) can do all his own updates, etc and he is by no means a computer person.

Sfolivier

At times, you are better of spending your time managing the store instead of trying to program it (eBay store, or Yahoo store?).

If you really want to do it yourself, the provider I use (midphase, which really is just the provider I use) has a bunch or ready to install packages. I would just look for hosting first and see what kind of scripts, shopping carts, storefronts and installers they offer to their members. You will get a lot of support for most product by going directly to the website of the company that makes them (although it might fall short of a step by step install). An alternative is also to use a portal (like PHP Nuke) and get an OpenSource shopping card addon.

clement

If you have a Paypal account you could use their online shopping package. They offer 2 options "Buy now" or "Shopping Cart". You are supposed to have allready a website and all you have to do is copying the html codes into the concerned pages.

toolcrazy

If you want to learn to do it yourself, consider Zen Cart. Easy to use, but just need to learn it. Then you don't have to pay those other services every time you sell something. Then you won't have to re-invent the wheel.

Hello

I happen to like the services that GoDaddy.com offers for an online store....its a product aht doesn't take a whole lot of up-front effort and its easy to maintain, it will do eBay listings for you if you want, it liks up with a couple different types of accounting software....everyone has their preferences, this one is mine.

medemt

Steve,

I have been trying to get a website together also I I stumbled on to this site. It is very informative and gives you multiple choices on how to set up a site whether you just want a private site, a more commercialized site, and/or a site that can generate residual income. It has very good tutorials and online videos. Try it out and see what you think. Hope it helps.

http://www.2createawebsite.com/index.html

Dan

Top Bottom