Steebar.com

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mather323

Has any one ordered from Steebar.com? I placed an order on 01-27 and have not heard from them at all. I tried to faxing and e-mailing them with no response, fax busy. [B)] [:X] Thanks Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

There have been quite a few complaints about them on here if you do a search.

A company to be avoided at all costs as far as many are concerned!

burr

Has anyone had a positive experience with this company?
If you have what are the tricks?

Mike in Southern Oregon

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
This is one reason to read the IAP fora daily. Several times this company has been the source of complaints. Use the suppliers who support the IAP and you will be far better off!!

Rmartin

Interesting. I just noticed today a quarter page ad they have in Woodcraft magazine. My sister gave me a subscription as a Christmas present. I would imagine those ads are kinda pricey.

Randy_

Coincidentally, I was just looking at the BBB report on Steebar and you can see it here if you are interested.

http://tinyurl.com/2km9bb

Also just happened to be looking at the WWF forum and there is a new thread there about someone who is haven trouble.

Just for fun, I am going to look at the BBB report for CSUSA. Should be interesting!!

20056145259_eaglemed.jpg

In Their Memory

Jarheaded

Mike, For gods sake save yourself and cancel the order. Stop the payment using whatever method you have too. Not only does their service suck, but so do their kits. Pm me about them.

Nice work Randy, but I can't believe they only have 6 complaints. I thought I put in more than that. But their clock is ticking.

johnny1211

Add me to the list of complainers about them. I contacted my credit card company and filed a grievance about them. I will never do business with them again. If you get through, let me know how you did.

Randy_

Originally posted by jwoodwright

I know we're supposed to be a friendly courteous group.[:I]

Then again maybe a group complaint to the BBB is in order...

Not sure that will do much good, John. If you will note in my earlier link to the BBB, Steebar already has an unsatisfactory rating. I don't think more complaints would affect their rating. And if you will notice, most of the efforts by the BBB to negotiate a settlement are just "ignored" by Steebar so consumers are getting very little result from BBB. Clearly, Steebar just doesn't care.....only solution to this is to see them out of business!!!

BTW, I looked up CSUSA just for fun and the BBB in Utah "DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A FILE OPEN ON THAT COMPANY!!!. THAT IS WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE SHOULD BE LIKE!!

Did you notice Rmartin's note about the ad in Woodcraft magazine? I saw the same ad and immediately sent off a message to the editor with a link to the Steebar threads here at IAP and offered an opinion that the magazine might want to reconsider accepting ads from a company that has such a poor reputation. I have not received an acknowledgment of my email so I may have to follow up to be sure they got it.

I think emails to Woodcraft and any other places where Steebar tries to advertise might be more effective than complaints to the BBB. If we can cut off the company's ability to advertise, we may be able to have a real impact on them???

Randy_

Originally posted by Rmartin

Interesting. I just noticed today a quarter page ad they have in Woodcraft magazine. My sister gave me a subscription as a Christmas present. I would imagine those ads are kinda pricey.

Why don't you email the magazine and let them know their advertiser has a lousy reputation in the pencrafting community?

20056145259_eaglemed.jpg

In Their Memory

Top Bottom