stcik fast finishing system

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

charliekap

So I followed the instructions for application and now find shiny spots after sanding with 400 abrenet (sp). I know I need to sand until all of the shiny spots are gone. My question is "how do I know when I have sanded through the finish"? The areas that I have sanded (that are not shiny) look just like the blank before applying the finish (at the completion of final sanding). I have not applied the Stick Fast polish yet.

carpblaster

If u put enough ca on to start with,I have never got thru the finish while sanding the high spots or other words the shinny spots.I do 3 thin ca then 7 med and buff,comes out good

ianjwebster

I had the same issues when I first started using Stickfast. Now I sand to 400, 1 coat of thin CA then 5 + coast of the medium CA then micromesh to 12000. More work than the instructions suggest but works great for me.

walshjp17

I do pretty much the same. However, I also sand with abralon 400 after all the CA is applied to remove any high spots. I then move to wet MM through all the grits then apply Plastic X.

I had the same issues when I first started using Stickfast. Now I sand to 400, 1 coat of thin CA then 5 + coast of the medium CA then micromesh to 12000. More work than the instructions suggest but works great for me.

Top Bottom