Statesman vs, Gentlemen's Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy_

The pictures look awfully similar and the drill sizes etc. are identical. The only differences that are apparent are the hardware.....center ring, clip and finial. I am thinking about trying one of the Kallenshaan Stars and stripes kits which are designed for the Gent and the Gent Jr. I would like to do a Statesman. Anyone know if that would be possible??? Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodpens

Although I only have made the Juniors in these styles, I would say you'll have no problem regarding compatibility. They are identical with the exceptions you stated. Good luck!

Randy_

Thanks, Jim. Another question in this vein. Seems like there are a lot more people making Juniors than the standard size Gent. Any thoughts on the reason for this?? Is it because the standard size Gent is a little too big for most people???

woodpens

These full sized pens feel like baseball bats to me. I am comfortable using Cigar pens and even Havanas, but the Gent and Statesman are just too big for me. I have had one returned recently to be exchanged for the Junior version. Unless you are wearing overalls, don't even think about carrying one in your shirt pocket. [:D]

Gary

I second what Jim said. The full-sized guys are so big. I have fairly large hands, and they don't feel right to me. I show them to people but most pass over them for the smaller Jr. size.

wayneis

My sales model is a Platinum Gentlemas pen in Red Amboyna, that big guy has sold more pens for me than any other sales tool that I have ever tried. I keep it with me in one of the leather cases and whenever I have the need to sign anything out it comes and the conversation starts.

Although I sell more of the Jr. size I do sell quite a few of the full size pens also, enough that I keep them in stock anyway. I'm working on a Boise De Rose Statesman right now and can't wait to get it done.

Wayne

Gary

Wayne, please post a picture of that pen when you get it made. I've been wondering how that wood would look in a pen.

Originally posted by wayneis
<br />I'm working on a Boise De Rose Statesman right now and can't wait to get it done.

Wayne

wayneis

Sure thing Gary, this is the second pen that I've done in the Boise De Rose. The best way that I can describe it is a very rich deep purple with a grain similar to maple in that it is not poreus like purple heart and it also retains it's color which purple heart does not. Beautiful stuff, I think that I'll have to get some more.

Wayne

Gary

I look forward to seeing the pen. I've seen the wood advertised at Gilmer Wood and thought it might look grand. I would love to find something to substitute for purpleheart.

Originally posted by wayneis
<br />Sure thing Gary, this is the second pen that I've done in the Boise De Rose. The best way that I can describe it is a very rich deep purple with a grain similar to maple in that it is not poreus like purple heart and it also retains it's color which purple heart does not. Beautiful stuff, I think that I'll have to get some more.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom