Statesman vs Gentlemen's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RosezPenZ

First of all someone fill free to direct me on if this has been addressed. A quick search came up empty.
Besides size of the pen, what are the differences in the statesman and gentlemen's pen and do you recomend the jr/II version of either. I'm getting cross eyed trying to figure out the differences. I do see the caps are different, is that the main thing? I want to start making some of the inlay kits and only want to invest in one set of bushings and kits for now. What do ya think?

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

The Statesman and the Gent is the same basic pen the only difference is the trim . The difference with the Jr's is size , there is as full size Gent and a Jr Gent and a full size Statesman and a Jr Statesman . The full size is a large pen and the Jr is a little smaller . Both full sized pens use the same tubes and bushings and both of the Jr's use the same smaller tubes and bushings .

LarryDNJR

The Statesman and the Gent is the same basic pen the only difference is the trim . The difference with the Jr's is size , there is as full size Gent and a Jr Gent and a full size Statesman and a Jr Statesman . The full size is a large pen and the Jr is a little smaller . Both full sized pens use the same tubes and bushings and both of the Jr's use the same smaller tubes and bushings .

Thanks I was curious myself.

Tube lengths the same as well?

ldb2000

Yes they are . The Retro also uses the same tubes and bushings .The Majestics use the same tubes but different bushings and the Emperors also use those tubes but the cap tubes are shorter and the bushings are different . Look at the chart on the front page to find the differences , here's the link http://content.penturners.org/articles/2009/bushingsandtubes.pdf . This chart shows all the different kits and by checking sizes you can determine which kits are the same as which others . Wayne put allot of work into it and it is an excelent resource .

Last edited:

mrcook4570

For those that have never held or seen a full size gent/statesman, the size will probably surprise you. They are HUGE. I'm not saying that is a bad thing. Some people (myself included) like large pens. The Jr size pens are 'normal' size.

Top Bottom