Statesman fountain pen ink color??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
What color ink cartridge is included with the statesman kit?

I have done a Statesman and a Jr. Statesman for a silent auction to benefit a local hospital. They are my cactus blanks and will be displayed in a nice display case and bidders will not be able to handle them. Should I inset the ink or just leave it in the barrel for the buyer to insert if they choose?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Curtis,

All of the cartridges I have received with a fountain pen are blue. I would not load the ink in the pen. That should be left for the purchaser. You should consider including a good converter with the pen so that the purchaser can load it with ink of his/her choice.

FWIW,

Tea Clipper

CSUSA supplies black ink, Berea kits are blue. I don't know what PSI does. I agree with William, you should not load the ink and that a converter would be a nice touch. On a side note, I don't care for the blue ink and would replace it with a better quality ink. The black ink is okay with me.

PenWorks

The color does not matter, but I would package it with a bottle of ink. It will make the display nicer
and there will be no doubt they are bidding on a fine fountain pen [;)]

jjenk02

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />The color does not matter, but I would package it with a bottle of ink. It will make the display nicer
and there will be no doubt they are bidding on a fine fountain pen [;)]

Where do you get little bottles of ink[?][8D]

PenWorks

James, do an internet search, you just may find a pen store in your area.
But this is a good one.
http://www.pendemonium.com/index.htm
Not sure what you call little, but most bottle ink is from 1 oz to 2oz bottles and sells from 7-15 per bottle.

tnilmerl

Office Depot/Office Max usually carry Waterman, Pelican, or Mont Blanc bottled inks. They also carry cartridges. There are numerous brands. I prefer Waterman. Any good stationary store should have ink. Some art supply houses will carry bottled ink as well. Be sure to get fountain pen ink, NOT calligraphy ink. Different viscousities and thickness. Calligraphy ink is too thick for a normal fountain pens. Check the web. Check out Pen City or Pendemonium. I get both of their newsletters, and they have occasional custom blends sales. Pendemonium also sells antique ink wells on occasion. Would make a great combo package set for marketing efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom