Statesman Advice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

DocStram

So, there I was assembling my very first Statesman. Followed the directions very carefully. At least I thought I did. Then, after it was all assembled, I realized the directions said nothing about slipping the silver clip onto the nib coupler before pressing the lower barrel together. Of course I didn't notice it laying there until everything was pressed together.

So, here's where things stand. The end cap is on the top end of the lower barrel with the nib coupler pressed into the bottom. I used some of that beautiful Royal Yew that CSUSA has in their new catalog. Is there anyway of disassembling without damaging the Royal Yew? Dang. I was trying to be so careful. Arrghhhhh!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Al, I use the transfer punches from HF for disassembly and I hold the pen body with the neoprene side of an old mouse pad. It protects the pen (and usually the finish) and let's me hang on to it as I drive the desired piece out.

DocStram

Billy ..... I just happened to pick up the punch set from HF last week. Any ideas or suggestions on how to get at the nib coupler since I already have the cap pressed on the other end? I need some magic. I don't wanna screw up the Royal Yew.

gerryr

Originally posted by mrcook4570
<br />Knock out the finial first [;)]

Don't remove the finial, the problem is on the other end. Remove the end cap first using the largest transfer punch that will slip through the threads of the nib coupler. After that's off, use the largest punch that will fit the ID of the tube to knock the nib coupler out. I've taken several Jr. Statesman, Jr. Gents and Barons apart and it isn't really a big deal, unless it's a closed end.

mrcook4570

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />
Originally posted by mrcook4570
<br />Knock out the finial first [;)]

Don't remove the finial, the problem is on the other end. Remove the end cap first using the largest transfer punch that will slip through the threads of the nib coupler. After that's off, use the largest punch that will fit the ID of the tube to knock the nib coupler out. I've taken several Jr. Statesman, Jr. Gents and Barons apart and it isn't really a big deal, unless it's a closed end.

You say not to remove the finial, but then say to remove the end cap. They're the same thing [8D]

gerryr

I have always understood that the finial is the end peice where the clip is attached. Pen World often describes that part of the pen and refers to it as the finial. I don't recall an article referring to the other end of the pen as the finial. I could be wrong, have been before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom