States man and Gent pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

other than the plateing quality. is the statesman and gent pen the same size, same bushing, tube size etc? and more importantly can you turn one from a 3/4 inch blank? I have made a gent pen from 3/4 inch blanks.
or is there a source for larger acrylic for these pens?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary

Yes they are the same size...only the dress-up is different
Originally posted by Daniel
<br />pther than the plating quality. ae the statseman and gent pen the same size, same bushing, tube size etc? and more importantly can you turn one from a 3/4 inch blank? I have made a gent pen from 3/4 inch blanks.
or is there a source for larger acrylic for these pens?

wayneis

Yes you can use 3/4" blanks if you are carefull and have a good drilling jig, I've done it several times. If you are drilling acrylics you need to take extra care to keep the heat down, like using lots of water, go slow, clear often yada yada yada.

Wayne

C_Ludwigsen

Daniel, I haven't turned the Statesmens, but as to the 3/4" blanks, that is what I used. I think I would prefer 7/" next time for "insurance". I did as Wayne suggested and went reeeeaaaaallll slow and careful. It wouldn't hurt to avoid that last cup of coffee before you drill them.

Daniel

Thanks Guys, I have made the Gentlemens pen with 3/4 inch blanks. that is what forced me to put together what I now have for a drilling vice. vewy vewy accurate. Just didn't want any nasrty suprises if I offer people a statesman in somethign that is only 3/4 inch square and then find out it is actually 1/16 inch larger than the Gent. thanks for the help.
seems a little strange that CSUSA sells so many large pens but non of there blanks are large enough to handle there recomended blank size. It woudl be nice if they would go to at least 3/4X3/4 with the celluloid and acrylic blanks. really nice pen kit and only 7 stabalized woods that are large enough. and no acrylics.
Any source for 7/8 inch acrylic blanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom