Stainless Steel Pen Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Travlr7

HELP>>>>>>>>>>>>>[?] I have a customer that wants me to make him a pen with Stainless Steel tip, band, and clip. I haven't seen any kits like that anywhere.[xx(] How about you?[:p]

Bruce;)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

btboone

The clip will be the tough part. I wonder if a "stainless look" might do. In that case, the "titanium" finish could be buffed with a ScotchBrite pad until it has a brushed stainless look.

Randy_

Sorry. I haven't seen SS either. Most pen hardware is made out of brass and plated. To get SS you would need the hardware to be solid SS. The alternatives that you could suggest would be chrome, platinum, and satin nickel. CSUSA also has a plating called satin pearl. If your customer is willing to pay the price, you could get Bruce Boone to make you some parts; but it would probably be expensive!!

C_Ludwigsen

Woodturningz has some new platings that might match your desired look but will not be true stainless steel. Ryan mentioned the gun-metal finish and a few others last week when I placed an order.

Just a thought.

dubdrvrkev

I have a kit that I got from Woodcraft that is brushed nickel, and that is about the closest thing I have seen to SS. I don't know if it is on their website or not though, I found it in the store and thought it would match a letter opener I have pretty well. Sorry I don't have a pic, but I have yet to turn it.

elody21

I think brushed nickel is the closest you will find to stainless steel.

Travlr7

Thanks for all the information. I'm afraid that this customer won't accept a substitute, but he's thinking a sell price of around $40.00.

I'll keep looking. He is a nice guy and I'd like to be able to do something for him.

Bruce[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom