Stainless Steel flex nib

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

In my search for a stainless steel (can't afford gold) flex nib I found that noodler has one so I know they exist.

Is there a source for a stainless steel flex replacement nib?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tage

I don't know the answer, but you may want to to post in the Fountain Pens forum as well. There are a lot of experts there who will likely be able to answer your question. Good luck.

watch_art

Noodler's is it. They have their pens/nibs made in India and Nathan Tardiff has worked very closely with the nib makers there to get something that flexes. Nobody else makes or sells them. There were some excellent steel flexy nibs made in the 30s and 40s, but nothing else really since then except for the Noodler's pens.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I think I've read somewhere there is some question as to whether anyone is providing a truely flex nib in anything but gold and only one or two companies providing them.

watch_art

Bock makes a titanium nib for Stipula and I think Delta that is pretty flexy - any modern 14k nib can be modified for added flex - and they may not be great, but the steel Noodler's nibs are a stiff sort of flex.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I have read a couple of places that many of what are called "flex" or "semiflex"
nibs are really just nibs that are a little springy. I can't say anything for sure except they say that with a true flex nib you can control the width of the writing by the amount of pressure because the nib spreads slightly as you apply presure giving you a wider ink flow.

Top Bottom