SS Liberty Pencil Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RKB

Ordered and received my first SS Liberty pencil kit from Lazerlinez. Wanted a pen/pencil kit that will stand the test of time. No problem with the pen kit, however the pencil transmission had to be drilled out to accept the Schmidt pencil refill, IAP to the rescue again. Everything seems to be good with them and I love them, ordered more. I am just asking if this is normal, cause it's not in the directions to do that? :confused: Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. No pics.

Rod

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyitfast

I'll be following this one. I've been planning to order this kit but don't want to have to modify it to fix an expensive kit.
Thanks for posting.
gordon

TonyL

I made two, but never had to replace the lead. I haven't given them away as gifts yet. I will see what Constant says. He's very responsive.

RKB

Thanks for the reply Tony. Did you have to drill out your transmissions on the pencil kit to get the refill to fit and be able to extend the lead?

Rod

TonyL

I used whatever refill came with the kit. I haven't made any modifications. Are you saying that you had to make these modification to use the lead that came with the kit?

RKB

I could assemble the pencil the way it came in the bag, but the lead would just fall out. I had to drill out the center of the inside of the transmission with a 7/64 bit so the Schmidt pencil mechanism would "seat" inside, then I could get the lead to extend by turning the cap. I did call and left a message, I posted to find out if this was normal because of the Schmidt mechanism used or if maybe I got a pen transmission in the pencil kit? I'm assuming that your pencils are working as they should so I think I just got the wrong transmission? I was just wondering what others had encountered.
Thanks
Rod

Last edited:

TonyL

They are gifts. I never tried them beyond extending the lead slightly, but I will now. Thx.

TonyL

Either they are not working correctly or I don't know how to use it correctly. The lead barely protrudes regardless of how many times I twist the cap and it doesn't hold under writing pressure. I have to be doing something wrong.

Fish30114

As Smitty told me once, the only guy who seems to be able to get these to work is Constant--the principal at Lazerlines. If yours is working I would say you handled it properly, it sounds stupid to have to do that to a perfectly good new kit :rolleyes:

Top Bottom