Spring for Woodcraft Navigator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rcflyer23

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum... I turned a WoodCraft Navigator not sure if it is called anything else but as I was getting all the pieces together I realized that the Spring for the rollerball refill was missing. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement for this kit? I really don't want to buy another kit and still be down a spring.

Thank you.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LanceD

The navigator is the same as the Baron. Maybe ernie at arizona silhuoette could help you.

How about Ernie at Bear Tooth Woods or Bill at Arizona Silhouette ?

AS sells the Baron kit. Bill may or may not have an extra spring for it but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Last edited:

rcflyer23

I am going to check with Woodcraft hopefully I can get down there this weekend. I will also check with Bill at AS, Good to know that it is the same kit as the Baron. I really like the kit and hate that it didn't come with a spring. I appreciate the responses.

Texatdurango

I guess I don't understand the question or perhaps I just think differently from most folks.

If I bought a Woodcraft kit and a part was missing, the FIRST thing I would do would be to contact Woodcraft and thell them they owe me a spring, NOT call some competetor and ask them for a spring!

If I bought a Craft supply Jr Gent and the ink refill was bad I wouldn't call Beartooth Woods, A/S or Berea asking for a refill because they have the same one!

Kevin,
As far as "driving down" to the nearest store, if you visit Woodcraft on the web, call their number and explain what happened, they would probably mail you a spring... or another whole kit!

Last edited:

bruce119

And I will tell you this if you called Bil at A.S. and told him you bought a kit from some one else and needed a part for it. He would hang up on you. The pen suppliers are very completive. Heck Bill wont sell pen tubes unless you buy the kits from him.

rcflyer23

I guess I don't understand the question or perhaps I just think differently from most folks.

If I bought a Woodcraft kit and a part was missing, the FIRST thing I would do would be to contact Woodcraft and thell them they owe me a spring, NOT call some competetor and ask them for a spring!

If I bought a Craft supply Jr Gent and the ink refill was bad I wouldn't call Beartooth Woods, A/S or Berea asking for a refill because they have the same one!

Kevin,
As far as "driving down" to the nearest store, if you visit Woodcraft on the web, call their number and explain what happened, they would probably mail you a spring... or another whole kit!

I got the spring from WC. I was only going to use Bill as a last resort and had planned on buying a couple of Barons from him anyway as was going to ask at that point. I would never just call him up and and say hey I bought from your competitor can you give me a spring for their kit.

I will still be buying the barons from him. Just have to wait for the paycheck next week. I didn't even have to drive to the store or call them. My dad happened to be in the store this morning and called me from there about advice on a kit for his boss and he explained to them what happened and they had one and gave it to him.

I guess what I was also trying to find out if there was a place that you could purchase additional springs for these kits as well as others. I can very easily see a spring going missing when a customer changes a refill and them coming back to me wanting a replacement and I wanted to be able to be prepared to be able to give them one.

Bruce: I can totally understand them being competitive, it is a tight market and I am sure the margins are pretty slim.

Thanks for all the info and input.

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Rudy,

Not anymore some woodcrafts now sell Barons....I know that the one I work at does!

As far as I know, the pen kit that is sold at Woodcraft is called Navigator, but it is the same as the Baron - exclusively sold in the USA by AS. Both made by Berea. There is also a supplier of the Baron in Canada, since AS will not ship outside the US. The Canadian outfit will not supply someone in the USA.

And as I said, he should either go to the WC store for the missing part, they have normally a box of spare pen parts, or call them and they can send one to him.

I made several Baron/Navigator pens before I made one for myself to try on a daily basis. YUK! I hate the way it is balanced and the skinny nib makes it difficult to hold.

I will, however, happily make one for anyone else!

rcflyer23

I made several Baron/Navigator pens before I made one for myself to try on a daily basis. YUK! I hate the way it is balanced and the skinny nib makes it difficult to hold.

I will, however, happily make one for anyone else!

I can't complain about the balance to much it feels pretty good but I am with you on the nib it is a little skinny. I used the El Grande for a little bit but I like the pocketing size of the Navigator/Baron much more. I have seen a couple of kits that look like they are in between the Baron and the El Grande. I just don't remember the name of them off the top of my head.

JayDevin

Rudy,
I will Repeat My Self and I know what I am talking about....

SOME WOOD CRAFTS HAVE BARON Pens!
they All Have the Navigator, But the Barons are now avail Chrome and Black TI

as is the sedona........

the exclusive period has expired and Berea sells to all.....

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Rudy,
I will Repeat My Self and I know what I am talking about....

SOME WOOD CRAFTS HAVE BARON Pens!
they All Have the Navigator, But the Barons are now avail Chrome and Black TI

as is the sedona........

the exclusive period has expired and Berea sells to all.....

Interesting, are the called Baron? On their website they still call them Navigator, even in Chrome and Black Ti finish.
So, if these pens are now "free" to be sold by others, Berea as well as Beartoothwood will start to sell them soon - I guess.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Interesting, are the called Baron? On their website they still call them Navigator, even in Chrome and Black Ti finish.
So, if these pens are now "free" to be sold by others, Berea as well as Beartoothwood will start to sell them soon - I guess.

Many of the Woodcraft stores are franchises. although they are told what to
carry, some stores realize that their customers want more than the Woodcraft line, so they might carry other things. I know of some stores that
do this even though corporate might not approve.
some Woodcraft stores have the Baron AND the Navigator.

byounghusband

And I will tell you this if you called Bil at A.S. and told him you bought a kit from some one else and needed a part for it. He would hang up on you. The pen suppliers are very completive. Heck Bill wont sell pen tubes unless you buy the kits from him.

Dude,
I have to whole-heartedly disagree with you... :)

I had a problem with a Black Cigar Kit. I mailed him asking what we could work out and he included it with my order. Bill is a very reasonable guy. He didn't even ask if I bought it from him.... When I determined that I didn't need it, he said keep it anyway.

I'm not saying you and he may not have seen eye to eye at one point or another, but in my experience Bill as been very helpful.

Top Bottom