Spring for the Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bill Bulloch

I dropped the spring for a Sierra I was working on to a floor full of wood chips. Never was able to find it. Any one know where I can buy parts like this?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

I know that this is a bit late, but I highly recommend that you get a mechanic's magnet on a shaft. I have a strong magnet on a three foot shaft that I keep in my shop. If I drop something metal, it picks it up so I don't have to crawl around in my extremely cramped shop/garage. It will easily pick up a tool as heavy as a large hammer and it would certainlyy pick up the spring out of the woodchips in a matter of seconds. I also use one in my fly tying room for when I drop a tiny hook on the carpet. A size 16 or 18 hook disappears completely in a rug and the next time they show up is usually in my no-so-happy wife's foot. Just a thought...

Jim Smith

Randy_

WEver notice how many discarded pens there are lying on the ground? Many of them have been run over and flattened by a car; but........frequently, the springs are still useable. Much to the chagrin of my GF, I always pick those things up and now have a handy supply of spare springs when I need one.:wink:

cnirenberg

WEver notice how many discarded pens there are lying on the ground? Many of them have been run over and flattened by a car; but........frequently, the springs are still useable. Much to the chagrin of my GF, I always pick those things up and now have a handy supply of spare springs when I need one.:wink:

Dang Randy, I didn't think there were others like me out there.

Top Bottom