Sports blanks ready for the oven.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
These are blanks made for an order and are now headed to my "Easy Bake Oven" for the heat up. They are polymer clay, of course, and will be finished in a couple of days after the CA sealer and decals where requested. These have been popular again after a slow down.
WB

Attachments

• Sport blanks.jpg
    Sport blanks.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 539
  • Sport blanks 2.jpg
    Sport blanks 2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 501
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

I have a football blank and have made the baseball one into a pen for my Phillies Phantic brother. Now, gotta my hands on a few of those golf ball thingies.

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks y'all, they're not wood and not really turned but they are fun. I couple the golf ball with a Jack Daniels stave lower part and call it, The 19th Hole pen. The baseball and football I usually pair with the colors of a team and have on request, had the owners name lasered and filled. Once in a while I get a request for a special date or team name to be added for a little leager or a family member who is into the sports. Thanks for the kind comments.
WB

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
I've spent more time trying to make a good soccer ball blank than it is worth. I haven't given up but I'm in a regroup mode right now trying to re-think it. The basketball is almost ready and I'm thinking tennis will be next; just can't figure out the fuzzy part. The bright chartreuse softball is popular with my grand daughters. It takes some patience and, for my old eyes, a good set of magnifying glasses, but it is fun when they come out of the oven. Thanks for all the kind words.
WB

brownsfn2

Are these the same ones on Classic Nib? I could use some baseball blanks for a couple of softball coaches. They have been sold out though.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
I know Keith(CreativeWriting) is in the process of getting an order ready to ship to Classic. So keep your eyes peeled for them:biggrin:

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
No secret here, I plagiarized the baseball and football idea from blanks/pens I saw here. The golf ball is my creation and I posted instructions a long time ago on how I do it. For me the enjoyment is seeing something and trying to figure out how to make it and, in some cases, improve on it. I did this with the realistic cigar pen too and it created a monster I did not intend. As I have said so many time in my posts, this is a hobby for me. I'm crowding 73 and do not want to be in business again. I'm pretty much of the mindset that if it ain't fun I ain't doin' it. I sell a few pens and other woodworking jobs to pay for the hobby and maybe dinner out for my bride of 51 years on occasion. I really don't want to get too serious about much except my faith.
WB

eliasbboy

51 year?! Congrats on that.

My wife (of only 12 years) acts like we're dating again when I bring out the "pen account credit card" and pay for dinner. lol

No secret here, I plagiarized the baseball and football idea from blanks/pens I saw here. The golf ball is my creation and I posted instructions a long time ago on how I do it. For me the enjoyment is seeing something and trying to figure out how to make it and, in some cases, improve on it. I did this with the realistic cigar pen too and it created a monster I did not intend. As I have said so many time in my posts, this is a hobby for me. I'm crowding 73 and do not want to be in business again. I'm pretty much of the mindset that if it ain't fun I ain't doin' it. I sell a few pens and other woodworking jobs to pay for the hobby and maybe dinner out for my bride of 51 years on occasion. I really don't want to get too serious about much except my faith.
WB

Top Bottom