Spiderweb Filigree Kit...Parts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gothycdesigns

So I am finally able to try a filigree pen, rollerball style. Got the parts from the local Woodcraft store. No instructions with it, or the other kits like it. But my main thing is. I think I may be missing a part from the kit. Here is a pic of what I have so far. I have already turned the barrels.

By looking at this pic, can anyone tell me, that has put one of these together, if I am missing any parts? Sorry if poor quality.

spiderfiligreekit.jpg

Thanks,
Ray K.
GD

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toolcrazy

There shouldn't be a twist mechanism. It is a screw cap roller ball pen.

Here is the instructions:

http://www2.woodcraft.com/pdf/77B31.pdf

I believe that there is nothing missing.

gothycdesigns

Toolcrazy, thanks for the instructions. I was almost thinking that the twist mech was gone, but now having seen the Woodcraft instructions, it makes more sense[:D][8D].

Thanks,
Ray K.

gothycdesigns

Ok, I've got the pen together and now finding what is missing. Its the ID thread insert for the cap. I do not think I dropped it anywhere, but will have to look. Sucks I get this far to have one small missing part. Because going through this process, I've been thinking how is it gonna screw on. Didn't dawn on me that is the par missing. Looking at the pdf that toolcrazy submitted it is the H1 part shown on the 77B59 parts list.

Has woodcraft ever replaced a part that was missing? Maybe the local store may have extra inserts, like a box of liitle parts. I'll have to call them. Its sure looking like a nice pen, maybe one of my best ones so far, but to come all this way....lolol just my luck.

Later,
Ray

gothycdesigns

Well after posting that last entry I made, I actually found it. So now the pen is complete. It rolled off the lathe and was under a piece of sandpaper. Found it when cleaning things up.

Thanks,
Ray K.

LanceD

It's always best to keep your parts away from your work area for just that reason. It's real easy for one or two parts to roll around and get buried under other tools or shavings or even fall on the floor where they could be easily stepped on. Keep a rag or towel away from your work area on a table or shelf to pour out your parts onto so that there's no chance of losing anything. Saves a lot of frustration and aggravation in the long run.

toolcrazy

I keep all my parts in their original bags until I assemble the pen. Saves them from running away. The just bounce off the bag, instead of under the work bench. [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom