That special pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Hi guys and gals . It's my friends birthday in 2 weeks time and I want to make him a special pen , what's your go to "special pen "

A special pen should match your friends personality and interests.
What color is their favorite? Do they prefer silver or gold? What sports does your friend do? What is their work?

For example a medical person would really appreciate a click pen that can be opened and closed with one hand.

Hi guys and gals . It's my friends birthday in 2 weeks time and I want to make him a special pen , what's your go to "special pen "

A special pen should match your friends personality and interests.
What color is their favorite? Do they prefer silver or gold? What sports does your friend do? What is their work?

For example a medical person would really appreciate a click pen that can be opened and closed with one hand.

I agree with Randy on this one. Do something unique, something that might mean something to your friend. For example, I was given some very old Redwood from a cabin in the Sierra Nevada mountains some years back. It was from my son in laws fathers cabin. This cabin had a lot meaning to my son in law so for a gift I stabilized several pieces and turned a very simple pen.

WriteON

If they have a hobby or interest I use a Theme pen..... Gear pen for car people. Music, Firearms, Dogs, Motorcycle..... generally something from PSI.
They'll love whatever you make them. It's special!

Last edited:

TG Design

I agree with everyone's comments, find something that he is very passionate about and run with it.

I recently made a pen for a friend, his car was my theme after I ran across these blanks.

IMG_2997.JPG

His car, Green with Envy SRT8

IMG_2998.JPG

And the pen I made him

IMG_3001.JPG

He has not put it down since I have it to him.

Anything you hand make something will be appreciated.

Cheers!

brailsmt

Definitely personalize it. For example, I have a friend that crochets, so I made her a set of crochet hooks from PSI. She hasn't put them down in weeks and can't stop telling me how much she loves them and are the coolest thing ever. Then I have a gun lover friend that has been skeptical of this whole pen thing, so I gave him a bolt action pen as a gift and he bought two others off me on the spot and this is after mocking my newfound pen making nerdom. Just a little personalization goes a very long way.

Top Bottom