Speaking of drill bits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

knottyharry

Does anyone know of a source for the 9/32 bullet point drill bits, made by black and decker.
Thanks
Harry

An after thought....
Are the pilot point, and the bullet point bits the same thing?
They look to be....
Thanks
Harry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

I may be mistaken, but I believe that since B&D bought DeWalt, that only the DeWalt line now has the bullet point drill bits. I bought a set of B&D bullet point bits from a B&D Factory Outlet store, but that was several years ago and most of those bits have since been lost.

I am pretty sure that Sears, Home Depot, Lowes, etc carry the DeWalt bits.

Borg_B_Borg

Although both B&D and Dewalt sell pilot point drill bits and B&D owns Dewalt, don't be surprised the qualities are not the same between the two kinds. For one thing, the BD pilot point bits do not have a gold ferrous oxide anti-friction finish, whereas the Dewalt ones clearly do.

Steve

Rudy Vey

I have only the Dewalt bits, the bronce colored ones, HD had a set once on sale for less than $50, a large box with all bits up to 1/2" in 1/64" - these bits are well worth the money. Never saw any B+D bits in stores, though.

knottyharry

The reason I narrowed it to Black and Decker was because of a suggestion on Russ Fairfield site. They could be DeWalt, and I don't have a problem with that.
It is a little different than the brad point bits. And thought I would give them a try.
Harry

Thumbs

Harry, I bought the whole DeWalt set last year at Lowes for about $59, if memory serves me correct.

I saw some individual bits at Sears some time back. I don't know which sizes now, but I also know our local Sears store cut back on quite a few items in their small tool section so I don't how many might still be available. They were quite a bit more expensive individually, of course.[:)]

elody21

Forget all that. Sears used to have them in single packs but have discontinued them. At least mine has. They are an off size and only come in the larger sets.Unless you want a $50.00 set don't waste time at Lowe's or any of the others, they are not there. There are several places on the internet that carries them. I got them from Mytoolstore.com. I bought 12 at a discount because I do hundreds of slimline corian pens and they are the best to use! Just type in Dewalt Pilot( Bullet) bits 9/32" You will find several places to get them. And Yes Dewalt and Black and Decker are the same company! Alice

Ryan

I have a B&D/Dewalt repair shop right down the street from me. They have them for $3.74 ea. If you need them let me know.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom