Spaulted purpleheart

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
M

Mudder

I have never seen spalted purpleheart either. I guess that most any wood could spalt under the right conditions. I would sure like to see a picture of the purpleheart is you could.

Vern

Hi Shar.... Awhile back I got some spalted purpleheart from the local woodcraft store. There weren't too many blanks that had alot of figure but I did pick thru and got a few. Makes a very nice looking pen. It turned with no problems and finished well. Here's an example along with my one remaining blank.

20041231195652_spaltph.jpg

Vern

Rifleman1776

Set it in some light for a few weeks then send another picture.

Originally posted by Vern
<br />Hi Shar.... Awhile back I got some spalted purpleheart from the local woodcraft store. There weren't too many blanks that had alot of figure but I did pick thru and got a few. Makes a very nice looking pen. It turned with no problems and finished well. Here's an example along with my one remaining blank.

20041231195652_spaltph.jpg

Vern

Vern

Set it in some light for a few weeks then send another picture.

Well... I live in Oregon. It will have to wait till June or so [:D]

I do have some scraps of this and will chuck it in the oven for awhile. I've had good success with using heat to color up regular purpleheart. Can't hurt to give it a try.

Vern

its_virgil

Warning! Turning spalted purple heart could prove to be a dangerous task. You had better send it to me and I will turn it and report back to you whether or not any danger exists. ;-)
Good luck and Do a good turn daily!
Don\
Originally posted by samm47
<br />I just aquired a bunch of spaulted purpleheart, can anyone tell me anything about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom