Spare parts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BobRad

How do you deal with messing up a pen kit by losing or damaging a part?

I know I can get spare brass tubes - but what about other things. I just messed up my first plunger pen kit by putting one of the pen springs in the wrong place after I press fitted, I found I could fix it by stealing the spring from another kit by unscrewing the front and putting it in right place and hopefully the extra spring in the top wont matter. But now I need an extra mini spring.

I have another kit where an adapter piece was dropped and I cant find it.

Parson

Bob, I've got the same issue. I'm betting someone here will help you out with spare parts they have laying around. I do know that if you start modifying pen kits by doing closed ended pens and omitting center bands and clips now and then, you'll end up with a nice little ziplock bag full of spare parts.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
THere are some parts like tubes and springs for parker style refills or cigar/slimline tranny's that are easy to locate. If that doesnt cover it simply start a thread asking if anyone has the particular piece you looking for. IF a member has it they may just send it to you or ask you pay postage. I have a couple of pounds of left over parts since I dont build kits. Mostly slim line and euro style pieces but also Sierra/Wallstreet. What is the kit you need the part from?
Mike

Top Bottom