Spare Churchill part needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draken

Ok, I'm a bonehead, but I hope someone can help me out. I was given a Churchill kit by my BIL to try out, as I hadn't done that style before. A person at work wants to buy it for a holiday gift, but I noticed some sanding rings on it so I took it apart to clean it up a bit. When I pressed the clip assembly back on, I neglected to take it apart, and crushed the finial. [:I] [B)] So, if anyone has done a closed end cap on a Churchill and has a spare finial, I'd greatly appreciate it! Otherwise I'll need to place an order with AZ or not.

Thanks!
Draken

gerryr

What did you use to press it back together, a 10 ton hydraulic ram?[:D] The finial is solid hunk of black powder coated brass. I can't imagine what kind of force it would take to crush it.

Draken

Actually, if you look at it you will see it is two pieces. The internal part with the threads, and the curved outer shell that is powder coated. There is a void in the tip of the finial, one I found the hard way. Didn't take much pressure at all to cause the tip to dimple in. [:(]

Looks like no one has any spares, so I'll be placing an unexpected order with AZ.

Cheers,
Draken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom