Spanish wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mariner1

Don't know if this the correct spot for this, but. My son works for a Spanish owned manufacturing plant and is good friends with one of the Spanish managers. I would like to make a pen and pencil set for the gentleman before he returns to Spain. Is there any supplier that can provide wood that actually came from Spain.

Thanks

Karl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

How about olivewood ... grows all around the Mediterranean. . Easy to turn lovely and smooth. . Nice smell too. . And easy to finish.

Mariner1

I hadn't thought of the fact that the cedar may have been grown outside of Spain, bummer. Looks like I may use olive wood as I always have a supply of it in the shop.

Karl

1080Wayne

I have olive that was said to be from Spain by the person who sold it to me . I had no reason to doubt him as at that time there was quite a hue and cry about the authenticity of Bethlehem olive wood . It is not highly figured and would probably take a couple weeks to get to you .

Mariner1

I have olive that was said to be from Spain by the person who sold it to me . I had no reason to doubt him as at that time there was quite a hue and cry about the authenticity of Bethlehem olive wood . It is not highly figured and would probably take a couple weeks to get to you .

Some of my olive wood is probably from Spain as well. I hear you about the authenticity of where wood actually comes from. A while back someone found some teak decking from the USS California, and I bought a couple pieces from the supplier. Someone else said he wasn't sure if the wood was really from the ship as the supplier did not provide a Certificate of Authenticity. I mentioned that any of the wood we buy is questionable as anyone can print the certificates all day long on a computer and printer. I will say I believe the teak is from ship as it looks correct and even has bolt holes in it where it was bolted down.

Top Bottom