Sourcing for American Classic Click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenAddict

Got tired of looking at my two everyday Classic clicks. After 5 years of use, the friction polish had worn, so with a few hours to kill, I managed to dismantle and refinish with CA. Unfortunately, I broke one transmission and cracked a upper barrel, lesson learned. Oh well, the gold plating had worn from Woodcraft's standard kit.
Now I'm unable to find the classic click style. Does anyone have a source or can tell me why it was discontinued. Next to the finish, these pens had held well with moderate use for the last few years.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Got tired of looking at my two everyday Classic clicks. After 5 years of use, the friction polish had worn, so with a few hours to kill, I managed to dismantle and refinish with CA. Unfortunately, I broke one transmission and cracked a upper barrel, lesson learned. Oh well, the gold plating had worn from Woodcraft's standard kit.
Now I'm unable to find the classic click style. Does anyone have a source or can tell me why it was discontinued. Next to the finish, these pens had held well with moderate use for the last few years.
Were they the same as PSI Classic? PSI dropped most of the kits in their Classic line awhile back and right now only have the twist version listed.

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
They have quit carrying them.. I bought a few on closeout from woodcraft years ago, Dayacom quit making them so good luck..Not a good seller is what Woodcraft told me is the reason they have quit making them.. It was a nice kit..

PenAddict

That's a real bummer, in my opinion, the flat top classic click is a lot nicer design than the current push pin style clicks. Plus, I'm not a fan of the two hand operation in a twist pen.

qquake

I miss that kit also. I believe Woodcraft called it a "push" pen. Here's one I made several years ago that has stood the test of time. The click mechanism still works great.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 157

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I miss that kit also. I believe Woodcraft called it a "push" pen. Here's one I made several years ago that has stood the test of time. The click mechanism still works great.
Put together enough folks who want them and they can be had directly from Dayacom MOQ 50 pieces of any one finish you can get 24K gold, Chrome and Gun Metal. Figuring everything in they would be in the $4.35 price range FOB at a USA address (with the possibility of some customs fees due before delivery). Wholesale from Dayacom is MOQ of 500 pieces of any one finish.

magpens

If someone is putting together a group order count me in for 15 kits of whatever finish is decided on.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
They have quit carrying them.. I bought a few on closeout from woodcraft years ago, Dayacom quit making them so good luck..Not a good seller is what Woodcraft told me is the reason they have quit making them.. It was a nice kit..
131-0405 is the Dayacom part number and they sell them retail with MOQ of 50 pieces per finish.

magpens

Thank you, Smitty.

Does that mean that I, as a retail buyer, can buy a MOQ of 50 direct from Dayacom ?

Do I do that directly on the Dayacom website ?

I see that they call that the Americana

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Thank you, Smitty.

Does that mean that I, as a retail buyer, can buy a MOQ of 50 direct from Dayacom ?

Do I do that directly on the Dayacom website ?

I see that they call that the Americana
Yes you can when you get to their website click on BUY RETAIL FOR HIGH END PEN KIT on the left side in about the middle of the page. Then Click on the green button that says pen making kit and scroll down until you find the listing #131-0405 AMERICANA PEN/PENCIL KIT. You can buy kits, tubes and bushings.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
poll says NO

:confused::confused:I have a poll going on these in the Market Research forum and it looks like there is not enough interest to go ahead with buying them so I'm going to drop the idea. If enough of you get together to buy at least 50 of one finish from Dayacom you can get them for $4.35 each shipped to one address in the USA. Someone would have to reship them to the rest. Kind of like a one item group buy.

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
I would get some if available, its a great click pen.. I have one I have been carrying for years and it has never failed. I do wish we could get enough interest.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I would get some if available, its a great click pen.. I have one I have been carrying for years and it has never failed. I do wish we could get enough interest.
Well on my Poll only 20 people answered of 199 visits. The most that said they would buy excluding myself was 4 said they would buy 24K Gold. 3 said they would buy Chrome. Just not worth fooling with...

Skeleton2014

Went back and looked at this poll in which I voted no. It didn't mention whether the pen was a click or a twist. I assumed it was the latter by looking at the picture accompanying the poll.
If I had known it was a click pen, I would have voted to buy at least 10 of the 24kt...don't know if this would make a difference. Did anyone else assume it was just another twist pen?
Jeff

magpens

I think Smitty's suggested purchase was for the click pen.

But it's not a button click ... you depress the whole "cap", which is neat IMO !

Skeleton2014

I think Smitty's suggested purchase was for the click pen.

But it's not a button click ... you depress the whole "cap", which is neat IMO !

I agree with you about this unique design. Like I mentioned, I couldn't tell this from the original poll and just assumed it was another twist pen.
If you go ahead on your own and need help with the MOQ, let me know. I would do at least 10 (possibly more) of the 24kt gold.
Thanks, Jeff

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Well you're almost there if you order 24k gold you have about 35 or so already, you only need 50 and someone willing to do the work. I'd even get in for 10 to give to Dave to use as pens for troops if he's still doing that.

magpens

Jim,

Thanks for your post. I was aware of the 45 Cal Bullet Pen Kit you referenced.

From others' impressions left on this website, I think it has generally been poorly received since its introduction.

I have had no problem making it, but some have reported problems.

One poor feature, IMHO, is that the engraving on the clip is upside down for a right-handed writer !!

Sabaharr

I love guns and bullet related pens but I gotta say that .45 cal pen is down right ugly to me. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I will not be holding that pen. I just hope someone doesn't ask me to make one for them, I would be embarrassed.

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
Smitty, since my injury at work my wife decided that I should get retired again and as soon as I am able to get into the shop I will return to the troop project. I have already had a donation toward this so send them on....
The surgery went OK but never expected the pain to be what it is. ACL,MCL and meniscus repair all at one time.. I guess that is what I get for protecting another officer from an attack in the jail.....LOL Having therapy 2 times a week for another 7 weeks, this is not fun either... Time will tell but Dr. said the knee will never be 100% again and to expect old Aurthur to set in.
Anyway I'm happy to do any troop pens that the kits come my way..

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
According to the poll there are 4 people who will take at least 10 regardless of finish and two who will take at least 10 if 24K gold is offered. So there should be at least 60. But, I only see 4 people here who have said they'd take them. If you check with Monty he might OK this as a mini group buy for just a single item. Dayacom will not recognize a group buy for additional discounts (People have asked before) but if you get over 100 kits sold they might give you a little more discount. I can help you determine what the costs will be but I can't run it for you. Get in touch if you decide to go ahead.

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
The Americana classic click pen is part# PKPARK-X and from what I see its a min. order of 500 I think the ones Smitty is looking at is the twist version of the Classic pen...

magpens

You seem to be quoting a PSI part no. . I would not want a PSI kit. If I am going to purchase it would have to be the Dayacom "cap-click" kit (not button click, and not twist)

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
You seem to be quoting a PSI part no. . I would not want a PSI kit. If I am going to purchase it would have to be the Dayacom "cap-click" kit (not button click, and not twist)
David is right the part number is PKPARK_X which sounds like PSI, but the kit is Dayacom - up until a few years ago Dayacom was the source for many PSI kits but that stopped several years ago.

Dayacom will quote you a price for 500 pieces. If you want 50 or 100 the will ask for 30% or 20% higher. The quote will be FOB Taiwan include shipping. You can get them to include express shipping if you ask them to.
The price would be a little more than you have been thinking about but you can get the kits you want.

Here's what Dayacom has to say about it:
If it is what you need click type Americana ball pen kit, our offer are as below:
Rhodium : $4.80
24K : $3.65
Chrome: $3.15
Black Titanium: $4.15
Titanium gold (IPT): $4.15

Above offer are at fob Taiwan basis, moq at 500pcs each.

If you need only 50pcs, please add 30% from above offer,
If you need only 100pcs, please add 20% from above offer.

EDIT IN: FYI individual kit bags from Dayacom are not labeled so the kits would not have PKPARK-X appear anywhere except perhaps on a large bag.

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
sort of an offer.

Bad title.......not an offer.

The price would be 24K gold $4.75 plus shipping from Taiwan. That will end up about $5.50 or so with shipping to the US. Chrome would be about a dollar cheaper.

Top Bottom