Source of wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

Was playing around on sites trying to identify some wood and I found woodworkerssource.net. They had 1/2x3x6 pieces of exotic wood for $4-$5 a piece. I think I could get 3-4 pen blanks out of each piece. Do you all think this is a good deal? I also noticed they had 36" domestic dowels for really cheap.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

1/2 inch thick? you will only be getting slims out of that.

They usually have some turning stock 1" square stuff too. Have a look. Sometimes they have a bargain, usually they are fair. The wood I've gotten from them (flatwork) has been good stuff.

Lots of good vendors on the IAP to help you with a lot of your wood needs. I can help with domestics and only a few exotics, but some of these guys have tons of exotics for sale. What are you looking for(sorry always a salesmen). You got your grab box correct? Did you like it? Good luck, Victor

rjwolfe3

thanks all for the replies.

Victor, yes got the box, I'm loving the selection, just have to fig out best way (meaning cheap) to drill the blanks till I can get some sort of vise for drill press. Was wanting to experiment with exotics without worrying about ruining a good blank that cost a lot. Will prob get some more wood from ya since ya can never have enough.

Top Bottom