Source for UNCUT 7mm Pen tubes 12" or so lengths

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

doberman

Looking for a source for like 12" or longer brass tubes for 7mm pens. I know I've seen them offered for sale just can't seem to find a source.

What's the best/fastest way to cut them without deforming them?

Thanks much!

Dan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

CSUSA is where I got mine. You have to be careful if getting them from hobby shops, the wall tends to be thicker.

Lin.

navycop

Looking for a source for like 12" or longer brass tubes for 7mm pens. I know I've seen them offered for sale just can't seem to find a source.

Thanks much!

Dan
You can cut them with a hacksaw or some use a pipe cutter like the plumbers use.

sbell111

For cutting my 10" tubes (woodnwhimsies) I bought this, http://www.pennstateind.com/store/TUBESAW.html. However, I got it at Harbor Freight for 1/2 the cost - same saw.

Dan
Sure, but the HF saw doesn't come with 4 drilled blanks. Oops. I meant to say 'jigs'.

It should be noted that quite a few things that PSI sells appear to be HF tools. People posted in this forum that these tools are good for what we do. Then, quicker than you can say 'hocus pocus', they land on PSI's site, at twice the price.

Last edited:

sbell111

Thanks much!

Dan
You can cut them with a hacksaw or some use a pipe cutter like the plumbers use.
I use a tubing cutter and then clean it up with a deburring tool.

Top Bottom