Source for "transmissions"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NotURMailman

What is the most cost effective source for 7mm twist mechanisms? The ones I am looking for are the same ones used in the slimline pens, I believe they are Cross type. The only supplier's website I could find then on was Woodcraft and they are 5 for $12.39. I find that price a little hard to swallow when I could get slimline kits from PSI for $1.95 and then throw the rest out or have spare bands, tips, clips, tubes...

You get the point. With all of the people on here building custom "kitless" pens I'm sure someone can clue me in to a better source. Perhaps my GoogleFoo has just failed me?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Here is one source: Pen Parts | Page 1 of 1 and here is another http://www.exoticblanks.com/index.p...=shop.browse&Itemid=60&limit=20&limitstart=60

Many of the vendors of pen kits sell parts and many don't. Other sources will be added to this thread. Just on hint: Woodcraft is not the most economical place to purchase kits. Other vendors sell the same kits for much cheaper. Do a good turn daily!
Don

What is the most cost effective source for 7mm twist mechanisms? The only supplier's website I could find then on was Woodcraft and they are 5 for $12.39..

Last edited:

ossaguy

I have been thrilled with the ones I got from CSUSA.They are the ones from their Artsan line,and the last bag I got had no duds.I find the cheap Chinese ones are almost all rejects to me ( junky feel,too light of an action,no detent action,feeling like there is sand grinding in there,etc.)

They sell these good ones for only 6.90 for a bag of 10.Part #9797040001

I think you have to phone it in like I do,someone told me it's not on the website ( I could be wrong,there)

Steve

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I have the HF punches. Last time I tried I ruined the wood on the pen. I'll look up the instructions on the disassemble kit.
It's very easy to remove with the HF transfer punches. If I can locate the thread I'll post a link. But feel free to call me and I'll walk you through the process. I'll PM you my number.

ossaguy

Thanks the link to the tutorial, Mannie.That looks like a better way to do it than I've been.I've got to try this way.

I think if I was fortunate enough to own a Paul Huffman vice,I sure wouldn't use it as a supporter,though.I know it's probably strong enough,but still I'd not want to take the chance in harming it.I'd cherish that baby!

Steve

Top Bottom