Source for superhigh quality blanks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russ Hewitt

I started turning pens several years ago and quickly got bored with churning out a bunch of low dollar pens with mundane blanks. I got back into it this time with the idea that I would make nothing but superhigh quality pens with only the best components and blanks. I just ordered a bunch of premium pens from Exotic Blanks.

My question is, where do you get the absolute best quality blanks, particularly the burls and other highly figured pieces? The quality is the first second third and fourth priority with cost being a distant fifth.

I have a drawer full of mediocre blanks that I bought based on Internet pictures. In most cases, the pictures did not actually depict the blank that I would be getting. I would not mind getting rough pieces of burl and cutting and stabilizing them myself. Does anyone have a source for that type of material?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Take a look at the products offered on Ebay by exotichawaiianwoodworks

You can contact them and they will cut some super-nice stuff especially for you.

They do excellent photography of their blanks and post multiple pictures showing every side of every blank.

I've always been very happy with their products.

Top Bottom