source for pen springs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RogerH

I often am not happy with the springs that come with the roller ball pens-Jr. Gents, Tritons, Majestic Jr., etc. They are too "soft" for my taste, meaning that the roller ball recedes back into the barrell when I write. More importantly, I've had some customers who felt the same way.

I've stolen all the springs I could find from cheap ball points around the house and from friends/family, which I cut in half and then put inside the spring supplied with the kit.

Anyone have a source to purchase a small quantity of springs? I've tried the web sites for virtually all the vendors I know, with zero luck.

Would appreciate any help on where to purchase.

Thx.

Roger

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Boz

I looked into this about a year ago. I have a friend who imports all kinds of things from China and he made some inquires. Nothing turned up.

Justturnin

I did form an opinion on what was happening to cause the soft feel. If you watch on some pens you engage the spring before you even start threading the nib in and you get a tight fit. On the softer feeling one the spring may not engage until you are almost done screwing the nib in causing it to feel soft but the springs are the same. The body is just longer. So if you do buy springs, which is a good idea so you can replace the ones your customer will lose, I would get the tallest ones you can and cut them shorter if needed.

Again this is just my opinion on what is happening.

Top Bottom