Source for Longer Jr Gent II tubes?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky

I've recently turned my first closed end pen (Baron) and following BB's advice about using extra long tubes so they bottom out in the drilled hole and cannot slide ackward during assembly.
I would like to do some Jr Gent II's using this method but have not been able to locate longer (at least 3 inches) tube material in that size. My measurements for Jr Gent lower tubes is 10.16mm (Baron and Cigar are 9.8mm by my measurements).

Does anyone know of any source for these size tubes?

Stan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LanceD

Buy extra tubes for the Gents and use two for the lenght you need and cut off the rest. Extra sets of tubes only run somewhere around 50 cents per set.

Husky

Using two tubes was my backup plan. It looks like that may be the only reasonable recourse.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
If you want to make a closed end longer than the tube, drill the longer hole a smaller diameter than the tube and only drill the larger hole the length of the tube. This way the tube will always bottom out and you can start the end taper sooner if you choose to taper the end. No need to buy longer or extra tubes.

ashaw

Stan
I just start doing closed end churchills. I actually use on 1/2 the length of the tube and drill the remainer part of the blank using a 8mm bit to fit a convertor or rollerball refill.

Alan

When making closed-end pens, I use the same method that Bruce and Stan mentioned--drill the smaller hole (7 or 8mm) first, deep enough to clear the convertor or rollerball refill, then drill the large hole just long enough to accomodate the brass tube. This works very well, and you don't have to mess with longer tubes at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom