Source for fountain puzzle inlay?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eliasbboy

Hello! I have a puzzle inlay kit for a Sierra that is made from dyed woods- blue, green, red, etc.

I have a customer wanting those colors in a fountain pen, but the only kit I've found for sale is Ken's that has the exotic woods in different shades of brown.

I've seen pictures here of capped pens with the dyed wood but I wondered if anyone knew where I can purchase one?

Any help is greatly appreciated ! Thanks!

Michael

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eliasbboy

I checked Lazerlinez and his kit pictured just shows browns tho. Perhaps the actual kit is different?

Here I a pic of what I'm looking to recreate in a fountain pen. Any fountain pen.

This is one I made awhile back.

image-4101716448.jpg

Steve Busey

I checked Lazerlinez and his kit pictured just shows browns tho. Perhaps the actual kit is different?

Call Constant (or email, or PM) - he doesn't stock a lot of pen blank kits, he tends to make them as demand requires, so see if he can cut you up a multi colored puzzle. It uses the same laser pattern, just different wood blanks, of which he has plenty (of dyed blanks) on hand.

Last edited:

eliasbboy

Thanks for that Timberbits link.

I have the Sierra kit tho, I'm trying to find one that will have the same colors and fit a fountain pen like the Majestic Jr or similar.

eliasbboy

Perfect! I talked to Constant and his puzzle kit IS the colorful version. He just has an older photo for the listing.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Now, can someone talk to this customer for me? I've already traded FORTY-TWO emails about 2 pens. He apparently wants me to do them for free, AND pay for shipping.

My patience is wearing thin. lol

The Penguin

Perfect! I talked to Constant and his puzzle kit IS the colorful version. He just has an older photo for the listing.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Now, can someone talk to this customer for me? I've already traded FORTY-TWO emails about 2 pens. He apparently wants me to do them for free, AND pay for shipping.

My patience is wearing thin. lol
Copy and paste:

"I appreciate your interest, but I can't make these pens for you at that price"

that's the most diplomatic response I would be able to muster up.

:biggrin:

eliasbboy

Copy and paste:

"I appreciate your interest, but I can't make these pens for you at that price"

that's the most diplomatic response I would be able to muster up.

:biggrin:

Exactly! My words were different, but the meaning was the same. He told me another pen maker was pressing him for a decision so he "needed to know an answer immediately".

Luckily I had JUST talked to Constant and I told him what was available.

He offered a price that would have been for one pen discounted, and the second thrown in for free, shipping included. :confused:

I thanked him for the opportunity but I could not sell for that price.

I have no problem giving a discount or haggling a bit, but at this point I feel my work is good enough to require a certain price point.

Besides, I need to keep this thing self sufficient so the wife stays happy. lol

The Penguin

I've had people offer me crazy low prices for pens, and I'm not afraid to tell them - "I appreciate the offer, but the materials cost more than that"

Top Bottom