Source for detachable ends

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stalvo

I have seen a kit for a 7 mm pen with a detachable top. It is much more expensive than similar 7 mm pen kits and the only difference is the top which is detachable. Does anyone know of a source for just the detachable tops?

Thanks for any info.

Michael

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

Michael are you referring to the pens with the magnetic pieces? I cannot recall right now (Old Fart Syndrome I am told) where I just saw them but maybe some one else can recall that part.

Mike

alphageek

Former Moderator
I think the ones you are thinking of are the 'necklace pens' - I have gotten some through woodturninz, and yes they are more than a standard slimline kit, but not really that expensive.

The problem is that even if you find the 'detach part' by itself, the pen end needs to be different to hold the detachable part... I doubt you're going to get much better pricing separately.

badger

Originally posted by alphageek

I think the ones you are thinking of are the 'necklace pens' - I have gotten some through woodturninz, and yes they are more than a standard slimline kit, but not really that expensive.

The problem is that even if you find the 'detach part' by itself, the pen end needs to be different to hold the detachable part... I doubt you're going to get much better pricing separately.

I made one of these for my wife who works retail, and they customers were always stealing her pen. Now all the other employees are jealous. :)

Top Bottom