Source for corian pen blanks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

amheck

Is there any source on the net that sells corian blanks? Or is it best to keep an eye out on the Swap and Sell forum? My local Woodcraft sells blanks but they are fairly thin and work well with slimlines, but I'm not too sure much else.

Thanks!
Aaron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Aaron, check in the individual classifieds for a post by Elody. Alice makes great Corian pens, and also sells Corian pieces. Her post also includes information about gluing Corian to make other style pens.
---
Edit:
Sorry...her username is Elody21

pen-turners

Aaron,
If you are looking for specific colors, the best place to go is www.coriansamples.com because they have just about every color. You will pay more than on ebay but all the samples come in 4 x 4 x 1/2" squares which are very easy to laminate or glue to make larger blanks.
I have ordered from them before for special orders and they have always shipped the orders very fast.

Alice (Elody21) is by far the best service you will ever get!!! She has done custom laminations for me in the past because I did not want to bother with the mess.

Hope this helps,
Chris

Gulfcoast

Aaron, you can go to http://stonewood.safeshopper.com/ --- they sell Corian by the square foot in thickness of up to 3/4".
Regards, Joe

amheck

Thanks for all of the responses, gang. The Stonewood place looks neat, cause they do sell 3/4" stuff, but it's not cheap. ~$35 a square foot. But...that probably gets you a lot of pens, but cash outlay is pretty expensive, if you want to try a few different colors. I'll have to do some more reading on the glueing up part.....

Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom