Source for celluloid blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mick

Sometime last year I was buying celluloid blanks from a dealer on IAP's vendor list. I can't remember the name but they were either the first on the list of vendors or close to the top. They dealt with the some of the same popular patterns like CSUSA carries (crimsom marble comes to mind) but they were in 3/4 round stock. Does anyone know what has happened to them or who else sells celluloids in this round stock?
Thanks, Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wudwrkr

Mick,
I haven't been a part of IAP for very long, but I get round celluloid blanks from woodpenpro.com. Jimmy has a selection of 9 blanks. They are 3/4" round and come in two lengths. I get a ton of his "lava flow" blanks which are identical to CSUSA's red/white/black celluloid. I had talked to Nils about carrying the 3/4" round stock, but he said they wouldn't be popular. If there are others out there who carry the round stock, I'd love to know who they are.

mick

Thanks for the info Dave! Could you post the web address again I can't seem to get it to work as you typed it.

wudwrkr

Mick,
The web site is www.woodpenpro.com

In fact, I just received an order this week resupplying my stock of pen boxes and "lava flow" blanks. Jimmy runs the site. He is in the Navy stationed in Honolulu. I've talked to him a few times and he's seems like a good guy. He also carries pen kits from what looks to be the same source as some of the kits from CSUSA.

gerryr

Dave,
Have you purchased the "Shimmering Sky" blank from them? It looks like a dead ringer for PSI's "Spalted Pearl" which a customer wants, but it isn't big enough.

wudwrkr

Gerry,
I have made several pens from the "shimmering sky" blank. I don't know if it is the same as CSUSA's spalted pearl since I have never seen that blank. I checked their site and it looks like they don't sell that one anymore. Here's a pen I made from one of those blanks:

20063241232_shimmering%20sky%20designer.jpg

As you can see, the brass tube is visible, so you really need to paint your tubes white with this blank [:I]

gerryr

That was what I thought. I'm making a reel seat insert for fishing rod that will be auctioned and the guy running it wanted that stuff, but the PSI blanks were way too small. This stuff will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom