Source for Bearings ??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rangertrek

A bearing in my Delta is going out. Delta parts has them on back order with no date for restock! (cuss words here) :mad:

Suggestion on source to order some bearings?
Need it quick, orders to get out etc.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

Do your bearings have any numbers on them? I needed some bearings to make a part of the vacuum system on my lathe and only had a reference number to go by and was amazed that I could just enter the numbers on the bearing itself into google and search. I came up with literally dozens of sources for that identical bearing.

So, enter the numbers if you have any in google and hit enter and see if it helps.

DSurette

What model Delta do you have? There is a good chance that someone on this forum has had to replace the same bearing and might have the numbers for you.

There may be a Owners manual for your lathe, just have to search for it. I was in similar situation, with an old Delta LA200. I just searched for it on Google. "Delta LA200 Lathe Owners Manual" I had to go through 3 pages an poof it was on a secondary source. A little diggin' is all it takes.
Now if you can't find it if you look at the numbers, they may be common manufacturer size. I have to replace a 6005 and a 6004 in my latest lathe. Common size soo don't sweat it so much. yet, Down Time Sucks.

NC Wood Art

I have some various size bearing new in the box from my old delta just let me know what #'d yours are? Sometimes number is on the rubber seal or etched on the outside edge of the bearing race, if nothing else measure it with some digital calipers id x od x width & I can tell you what bearing you are after. I managed a Hydraulic shop for 13 years so I am pretty knowledge on MRO items :).

Pm me for quickest response I don't always check the boards for replies.

Bill

Haynie

Get the number off the bearing and, if you don't want to order it, call the local NAPA, or Auto zone. might even be cheaper. Just picked up some bearings for my Band saw at the auto shop next door. We were out in our inventory.

Lenny

John, I certainly understand how you might be less than thrilled with Delta tech support right now! I would ask them what is the point of offering a 5 year warranty if they can't keep parts available?

As I have this same lathe, I find that upsetting! :frown:

Rangertrek

Found the bearings locally at a bearing supply. The Delta ones are made in China. I upgraded to a better set made in Japan. The upgrades cost 2x the stock ones. Upgrade cost of about $15 each was an easy call.

randyrls

Lathe is the Delta 46-460.
Found the bearing numbers:
China
6004R5 (or RS)
6005R5 (or RS)
Will check some of the mentioned references above to see what they have.

These are standard size bearings and the same size as the Jet 1014; hint, hint :) You should be able to get these from any local bearing supplier or industrial supply house nearby.

Last edited:

melski

Most towns have bearing supply houses such as; Motion Industries, Applied Industrial Technologies or Kaman Industrial. Bring in the bearings or numbers and they can usually interchange them with the option of quality vs. china.

Top Bottom