Son is graduating army boot camp......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gethenet

I was asked the other day by my ex wife, what I was getting our son for his graduation from basic training. My first thought was to buy him a nice leather bond journal, and turn a few nice pens to go with it. HoweVer I thought about it, and came the conclusion that once he finishes basic....he will be allowed texting devices phones, etc. how often will he be " writing"?
I still want to make him something, but am struggling on what that might be.
Any suggestions would be appreciated, I'm kinda still leaning toward a really nice pen.
What do you all think?

Thanks much
Keith

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wwneko

I would go razor stand and razor for anyone in the Military. He will see it and use it daily. A nice pen would be great also, but make sure it's a thinner variety. Either Twist or click, no cap. I would say black hardware, either satin or gloss, to be carried/worn with the uniform.

WriteON

Attachments

• IMG_2855.jpg
    IMG_2855.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_2872.jpg
    IMG_2872.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

walshjp17

Living in a barracks environment, he will need to keep a sharp eye on his razor or it might find a new home.:crying: DAMHIKT

Since he will likely be texting and using a smartphone, perhaps a stylus or stylus pen.

kingkeyman

When did we start giving gifts for graduating boot camp? I've never heard of such a thing.

Perhaps you were either Navy or Marine. Army soldiers endure "basic training" (not "boot camp"). Might be a significant source of friction (would have been the case when I was younger - much younger - much, much younger).

How about a stylus pen of some sort with a camo blank. PSI has a nifty telescoping pen with a stylus tip.

Last edited:

elkhorn

When my two sons graduated from basic and before they went to AIT, I spoke to the maintenance sergeant at each base and got some wood from each of their bases. Turned each a small catch-all bowl, with their graduation info engraved on the bottom.

But .50 cal pens and razors are great too!:biggrin:

Top Bottom