Sometimes you make what sells...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmayo

Sold six Saturn/Roadster/Trimline pens yesterday and six more were finished to replace those this morning. The same buyer made mention of buying 50 to give away at Christmas; I hope he does.

I would love to sell and make high end pens, but these sell very well so I'll make more.

1C8F9911-8921-45BC-B0C0-C9E1075B6EDF_zps66bcoojs.jpg

Much more color in person.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

More4dan

Beautiful pens Mark. I've been doing similar making seam rippers. It does fund the addiction though. I love the second pen in orange and black. I just turned a seam ripper this morning from the same blank. I can't wait to try it on a pen. Hope your order of 50 comes true.

Danny

stonepecker

Very nice looking pens. Bunches of 6 are a good sale. 50 would be a great sale. And when he is there to pick them up.......just have a few 'high' end pens for him to notice standing by. LOL

Where did you get your kits? I like the purple one the best.

GO VIKINGS

mmayo

Very nice looking pens. Bunches of 6 are a good sale. 50 would be a great sale. And when he is there to pick them up.......just have a few 'high' end pens for him to notice standing by. LOL

Where did you get your kits? I like the purple one the best.

GO VIKINGS

These kits came from CSUSA and WoodTurningz.

mecompco

Very nice! I much prefer to turn Comfort sized pens than Slims. Been knocking out a few for upcoming shows. I, also, love that black and orange one with the black hardware.

Regards,
Michael

Sappheiros

Great set of pens, Mark! I understand the struggle of wanting to make high end pens, but I've given away most of my pens so not much I could do about that. I hope you get that order for 50 and even double it!

Ambidex

Very nice! I much prefer to turn Comfort sized pens than Slims. Been knocking out a few for upcoming shows. I, also, love that black and orange one with the black hardware.

Regards,
Michael
H.D has coppy-rite on black and orange. FYI

Pretty sure without an emblem or mark of some kind that HD doesn't have a copyright on colors...may be wrong but can't imagine that being enforceable...

budnder

]

To be specific, they claim orange as a key feature of their trademarked logo.

Which I understand to mean that if you are in a competing line of business you probably can't legally make orange a dominant part of your logo. But my competing home improvement store can sell custom made pens that happen to be orange, as well as orange paint and orange carpet until the cows come home.

I know I'm off topic, but found this interesting, none the less.

mecompco

]

To be specific, they claim orange as a key feature of their trademarked logo.

Which I understand to mean that if you are in a competing line of business you probably can't legally make orange a dominant part of your logo. But my competing home improvement store can sell custom made pens that happen to be orange, as well as orange paint and orange carpet until the cows come home.

I know I'm off topic, but found this interesting, none the less.

Well, I guess that makes sense. If HD wants to sue me for making a black and orange pen, they can have at it. As long as they don't go after the Low Rider in my garage. :biggrin:

Regards,
Michael

More4dan

Could you get away with making my a HD pen where you could charge twice as much for half the performance??? ;-)

RobS

We all have to do things that keep the lights on, in your case, those are some great looking pens so its a win win.

Top Bottom