Sometimes you have to let go...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

MDWine

I had my first pen sale today! :D

Yesterday, I was showing my pens to co-workers, and the boss stepped up while we were talking. He pointed to the Kingwood, and said "How much?" !!!

I met him today, before he flew back to Atlanta, and have a check to show for it! (He wrote the check with his NEW pen!)

When I made that pen, I swore I would not sell it.. (STOP LAUGHING JIM and LOU!)... but if I don't sell'm, I won't have money for MORE STUFF!! [:p] [:p]

So, Thanks to all my friends here for getting me started!

(I think I'm gonna cry <sniff><sniff> all the way to the bank!)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Way to go Mike... I hope you got a good price, even if he is your boss... of course overcharging the boss could affect your next raise... [;)]

Dario

I sold a few...but most were given as gifts. I like the feeling I get when my officemates sport their "power pens" (that's what they call them not me) during meetings LOL. My boss specially loves his spalted blue buckeye burl pen...even shows it to every visitors we get!

The irony of it all...we don't have any left, not even me or my wife have a wooden pen [:I]

melogic

Way to go Mike! I remember my first deal......pen sale that is........sounds like a drug deal.......the way people get addicted to them reminds me of drug deals you see on TV.

JimGo

Michael,
Congrats on this sale! I know that pen meant a lot to you; from the way you were looking at it a few weeks ago, I think you'd rather give up one of your kids than that pen! :) But hopefully this will be the start of somethinb fun for you; plus, like you said, at least now you can afford to buy more toys!

green-eyes

Great job on the sale! Makes ya feel good when someone absolutely must have your pen! I feel for ya in selling your first one! It is tough, I won't have to worry about that, my first is horrible and I keep it on my desk at home because as bad as it is, I LOVE IT! May this be the first o fmany sales for you!!! Congrats!

Becky

arehrlich

Great work on the first sale! It's a real high when people are willing to open their wallets for something you made by hand.

But then again, that's why we're all here.

Alan

lkorn

Dario,
My wife has the first TWO (one wood, one acrylic) off my lathe. She loves them. I get to carry one of my discards, a mere house pen. I look at it and cound the mistakes and bad spots in the finish. I even took it apart and tried to refinish it and it still looks like crap. But I'm currently crawling around in a shipyard,with some nice stuff in my desk, just in case[:D].

Originally posted by Dario
<br />The irony of it all...we don't have any left, not even me or my wife have a wooden pen [:I]

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Dario, you and your wife not having a pen is a shame... and not my fault as you know [;)][;)], with all that gorgeous mesquite you are hording you need to get some turning done.. the offer still stands...

rtjw

Shoot I dont have my first pen. I sold it the second someone asked. I'd prolly try to sell my wife if the price is right. LOL. just kidding ( I better say that in case she reads this.)

knottyharry

Michael,
Congratulations on your first sale. What a feeling huh?
My wife seems to somehow confiscate a large number of the pens I make. But that's cool. I'm glad she likes them.
Harry

Dario

Originally posted by Old Griz
<br />.. the offer still stands...

Tom,

Thanks a lot for the generous offer ;) but I will eventually turn something again...especially now that I got the lathe half un-buried.

I am here at my in laws again and just finished de-barking some nice mesquite. Hopefully I can post more blanks later to add to my DP fund LOL [:I].

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Dario, you keep that up and there is going to be a lot more desert in Texas.... [:p][;)][:p]
But I won't tell as long as you keep supplying that gorgeous mesquite you have... [}:)][}:)]

Dario

Tom,

I only collect dead trees...actually downed and ready for disposal trees. Like the ones you see on sidewalks LOL. There are a few construction sites that yield good onesd too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom