Sometimes You Get Lucky!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I just thought I'd share this image of one of my pens from last night, every now and then you get a blank that makes you go WOW, this one did for me...A blue BEB from BB...

20061031174113_IMG_7278.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Originally posted by Skye
<br />Very nice, and good job not blowing that out! Looks like a Google Earth pen.

Can you say Thin CA is your friend!![8D]

Yeah you really have to be careful with this type of blank, lots of super light cuts and re honing every few passes helped a lot.

TBone

Some people are lucky, some are good. Jim, you obviously are both. Beautiful work!
Is that a shark swimming near the equator...I mean center band? [:D]

Skye

Well, it's my belief that the wood should always make the pen. You've made a nice pen from this wood [;)]

Originally posted by Skye
<br />Well, it's my belief that the wood should always make the pen. You've made a nice pen from this wood [;)]

Thanks Skye,

In the last week I have made about 38 pens in prep for a craft sale this weekend, I will have 120 pens on my table...some times it's hard to see the pen for the wood...you know how it gets sometimes akin to White line fever when you have been driving all night....well I think I have 10 pens left in me before the weekend, hoping that the wood left on my work bench is half as nice as this one...I smile when they move on to thier next life...yeah...right!!

[:)]

Thanks to every one for your feed back, finding an awesome blank on your lathe is a true gift of the turning Gods, eh!

It's funny,

When I would get a great blank in a colour and wood type I would call back and order 10 more of the same thing (How many of you have done that, Hands UP!![;)])

.....and I would never get another one that was quite as exceptional...never mind the expense of the mega reorder....

Now I just enjoy what I get, if I see a good one going on the lathe I sometimes save it before I press it, trying to find the right type of hardware in that design chosen to match it...but once it's drilled it's pretty much a done deal, I still have a hard time seeing in the rough blank what it's potenial is...

And.....I AM A PEN BLANK JUNKIE!!!

[:)]

Thanks for all the kind comments...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom